 Trains / Train Organizations / 1077
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:51:33 GMT

<snipped a whole bunch>

We'd only argue with you about black being black because you would most
certainly argue that to be black it had to be the size of a 2001 monolith.
<grin>

I like mini-land too, but that's not what we're aiming for.  I know we
talked about this once upon a time at Conan's too.  We (Conan, John1 and
myself at least) like the activity of more of a play theme based layout.  In
such a theme, more types of activity == better layout.  When we build the
next layout (and I force you back to 6 wide) maybe we'll build a more
prototypical layout.  Right now though, that's not our intent.  That's why I
insisted on limits to length, widths, and heights when we moved to 8 wide.
That’s why we swarm our layout with people and vehicles.  If we built fully
prototypical, we'd overwhelm our space and be reduced in the number of
vignettes we could show.

-John

P.S. So Todd, want to setup the gmltc section and we can take this out of
trains?  I tried posting to it once, but it rejected me.