 General / 27711
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:13:25 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

And who knows..... when an expanded window assortment is available, there will
be a lot of towns that will emulate the real world towns and cities, namely
when the land area becomes too cramped, there is nowhere else to go but up.....
skyscrapers that is!  I would really like to see some skyscrapers!   And few
things will give those train club layouts in a public setting more attention
than some tall skyscrapers and grand buildings!

I'm glad you said that, Gary!!  Are you listening, GMLTCers;-D
(They feel my buildings are *too large* for the new layout!  One of my skyscrapers
is 3 feet tall, which would make it over 6 feet tall when it sits on the module:-)

-John

Gary Istok
"I never met a LEGO window I didn't like"

John Neal wrote:

You are so right, Gary!  From my own experience, I have built/am building 5
large buildings which all employ bricks from bulk which simply were not
obtainable in any economical sense otherwise.  I am turning into a
"Townie";-)

-John

Gary Istok wrote:

I was browsing some of the LUGNET sites I usually don't have time for,
such as lugnet.town, (I usually hang out in lugnet.general) when I
stumbled across this classic beauty....

Mark Chan built this nice classical building called Laural Hall.  He
couldn't have done it (easily) without the limited bulk sales that are
already available.  The potential for many of the LEGO systems are
limitless, as can be seen here.   Some of the items Mark used in this
building are not currently part of the bulk sales lot, but would make a
great addition to bulk availability.  The white railings are one item
(both straight and curved), as are the 2x2 round bricks, which make for
great classic columns.  Great work Mark!!!!

With expanded bulk sales, we are only at the beginning of the "Lego
Renaissance"!!
With greater parts availability, the sky is the limit for the collective
genius of AFOLs.

I am especially confident that town will do well as far as bulk
assortment is concerned.  It is after all the closest related Lego
System to Trains!!!  :-)

Gary Istok
A Town System fan since 1960.

"In the beginning........ there was Town".