 Trains / Train Organizations / 1076
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:48:00 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
Gary Istok wrote:

And who knows..... when an expanded window assortment is available, there
will be a lot of towns that will emulate the real world towns and cities,
namely when the land area becomes too cramped, there is nowhere else to go
but up.....
skyscrapers that is!  I would really like to see some skyscrapers!   And few
things will give those train club layouts in a public setting more attention
than some tall skyscrapers and grand buildings!

I'm glad you said that, Gary!!  Are you listening, GMLTCers;-D
(They feel my buildings are *too large* for the new layout!  One of my
skyscrapers is 3 feet tall, which would make it over 6 feet tall when it sits
on the module:-)

-John
Yes John, we're "listening".  Since your 'inside voice' is approximately the
same volume level as a jackhammer, it's hard NOT to listen to you.  Of
course we still don't agree with you...

I could say that black is black, and I'd get an argument from you guys:-)

Would you rather have a town of 20+ smaller buildings, or 6 big buildings?

Good luck squeezing 20 into the space of my 6.  They will all have to be Pizza
Shacks;-)

We have a limited amount of space to build on.

Exactly.  That's the great thing about skyscrapers-- they are very space
efficient!
(but even still: we *only* have at least 10 feet to build our city on:)

We're NOT going to let you
take up huge pieces of it with tall boring buildings,

You would call these boring?

when we could have two
or three smaller, more interesting buildings instead.

We only need so many Pizza shacks and Fotomats....We'll just see....

And I'm sure those buildings will look lovely on *your* layout...

They'd look lovely *anywhere*:-)

-John

JohnG, GMLTC