Re: My attempts at a bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:58:11 GMT

Well I went back to the drawing board and came up with this:

Quite a bit better in my opinion. Plus this thing can hold an enormous amount
of weight, while the other was kinda fragile. But this isn't done, just
preliminary ideas on what constitutes good bridge building techniques.
Speaking of good bridges check this out:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=8061

Wow, that is a bridge! I will definatly have to think about that when
I redesign my current one.

Question(s):

1. Right now the bridge is 12 studs wide, is that ok for the layout, good, bad?

2. How much space can it take up, or how large would a span be?

3. Do we even want a bridge for the layout at the GR Trains show?

Actually I guess we can probably discuss these things at Kai's place on the
10th.

-Jason

For the moment I haven't come up with a way to make a strong bridge out of
just basic bricks.  Probably the reason most of the bridges I see are made
from techinic bricks.  I am not giving up, but the outlook is not good.  Here
are a quick couple pictures of what I had going.