 Trains / 9737
Re: SNOTgon version 0.9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Looks good, Chris!

Generally, I'm not a big fan of exposing studs, because I think that they
detract from an MOCs appearance.  If I were you, I'd spin around all of
your 1x1 headlight bricks, stick a technic pin in them and attach 1x4 tiles
to create the ribbing without exposed studs.  Just me, though.  The 8 wide
really makes it look good:-)

-John

I think it's pretty impressive.  These ribs are probably heavily riveted, so
some knobbly texture in the right place is welcome.  No need to rush out to
Tiles R Us just yet.

I suppose you could put tiles over the front, then figure out some way to do
the rear as well.  What I've done for one of my wagons is to build the front
and rear upright, then fit a horizontal mid-section in between.  Just keep
this section a multiple of 5 plates long, with one end tiled around the
edges, and it'll fit neatly into a space of an even number of studs (5
plates = 2 studs exactly).  You could even use a regular baseplate
underneath it all for strength then - you'd just need to tile the sides of
the baseplate where the horizontal stuff rests on it.  Or, build a narrow
frame of technic beams inside, and drop the horizontal section onto that.
You can hide headlight bricks inside the horizontal section with their backs
downward, to lock it down onto studs.

Jason J Railton.