 Technic / 93
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:20:00 GMT

Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> writes:

The 8446, btw, has the medium-size balloon tires, not the big ones that
are used in the design of this platform.

It does?  I actually thought it had the big wheels, like the ones on
8459.  Wow, in that case, I just may get one 8446 anyway, as the wheels
are probably not that annoying as I originally thought!  :-)

I'd still rather spend my money on complete sets, though. I'm planning
to buy the other new Technic Advanced sets soon, too, as they seem quite
interesting.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "racing car with piston engine and
steering" Technic cars out there.  We normally get one each year, such
as 8445, 8428, 8437.  So without those, there aren't really many sets
left to choose from.

I have the 8462 Tow Truck from last year, but I wasn't too impressed
with it.  There's hardly any gears included at all, and the crane arm is
very flimsy.  Of course, the pneumatic action is nicely done, so if you
like pneumatics, it is a great set.  But compared with the 8479 Barcode
Truck, say, it's rather boring to assemble.

Then there's the 8448 of course.  I've been holding off that purchase
because I feel that I have no need for the wheels and all those beams,
but perhaps I'll just have to have it anyway...

Fredrik
--
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/