 Technic / 121
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:19:59 GMT

BTW, while we are talking about the new Technic sets this year: I've
noticed this really odd new axle: About six studs long and there is a
cylindrical element next to one end.  (Sorry about the imprecise
serve in the sets?  If I remeber correctly, there is one if 8445 and
8448.

This piece first appeared in last year's ZNAP sets, in white. The collar was
necessary to prevent the axle being pulled through the hole when used for
wheels and I guess was designed that way to prevent the need for a bushing.

I think it could be useful, particularly if the long end is put through a
beam hole and another beam is put on the short end, so that the collar is
between the beams. You effectively end up with a long-ish axle that can't be
pulled out. I think it is used like that in one of this year's sets.

Huw