 Technic / 31
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:21:00 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

Looking at the new LEGO Mindstorms-like R2D2 set (sorry I don't know the
number), it suddenly struck me that it contains a new angled beam.  It
seems to have this basic shape:

  + o o o o o
              +

I realize now that this does probably not look like I intended on the
web interface of LUGNET, as it uses a non-equally spaced font.

For the benefit of people reading with the web interface, what I really
wanted to draw was something very much like the already existing bent
beam with nine holes (6629), except that the shorter end of it is one
hole shorter.  Also, the angle of the bend seems to be a bit smaller,
but it is hard to see on the images.

The part can be seen in grey and white on this image:

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medwards/julyaug99/julyaug99p9.jpg

(In fact, all the bent beams in the set seem to be of the new kind.)

Fredrik