 Technic / 120
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:26:35 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

BTW, while we are talking about the new Technic sets this year: I've
noticed this really odd new axle: About six studs long and there is a
cylindrical element next to one end.  (Sorry about the imprecise
serve in the sets?  If I remeber correctly, there is one if 8445 and
8448.

There are a couple of them in 8446, too. And yes, I've wondered about
the purpose, too. In 8446 it's used, among other things, with a beveled
gear on the collar end; this prevents the beveled gear from sliding up
the axle.

Fredrik

Johannes.