 Technic / 26
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:11:51 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> writes:

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote
Looking at the new LEGO Mindstorms-like R2D2 set (sorry I don't know the
number), it suddenly struck me that it contains a new angled beam.  It
seems to have this basic shape:

+ o o o o o
             +

I wonder what the angle of the bend is?  Looks a bit like 45° to me, but
it is hard to say for sure.

I have the DDK and AFAICT there are no new pieces in it, at least none
unique to the set except for a turntable-thingy which is used for R2's
rotating middle wheel.

The angled beams are the standard ones.

I don't know what the DDK is, but I assume you're refering to the set
which is depicted on the images I refered to.

Does this mean that the "eight hole one bend" technic beam visible in
the images in white and grey has been available before 1999?  So far, I
have only seen the "nine holes one bend" (6629) and "eleven hole two
bend" (32009) beams.

I don't regard the "eight hole one bend" beam as a standard beam just
yet, as you do, but you may have more experience with the Technic LEGO
bricks than me.

Fredrik