 Technic / 106
Re: New angled beam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:37:55 GMT

Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> writes:

Nope. They're smaller than the ones on the 8459, but bigger than the
ones on the, say, 8414.

So we have as much as three sizes of balloon tyres?  Aw, all these
different Technic wheel!  They make my mind boggle.

Also, the whatchamacallums, the thingies inside the tires look pretty
cool.

The rims, you mean?  I'm not really a fan of the use of "chrome" wheels.
The 1998 sets had chrome wheels all around (8417, 8428 and 8462) and
looked kinda cheesy to me.

Yes, there do seem to be a lot of those. Wasn't, erm, (damn, lugnet
isn't responding, can't check my numbers) 8440 one of those?

Yes, it's the red formula one car.  I don't like it too much, but with
the parts included one can make independent front suspension.  Well, you
need some shock absorbers as well, but all the other parts are included.

Of course, with the 1998-type steering gear, one can make independent
front suspension without any specialized parts.  See, e.g.,

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/versatile-chassis/
    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/beach-buggy/
    http://staticip.cx/~benw/lego/car/

Then there's the 8448 of course.  I've been holding off that purchase
because I feel that I have no need for the wheels and all those beams, •                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
but perhaps I'll just have to have it anyway...

But what's that? You want it for the wheels? I thought you had more
than enough of those already?  :)

Yep, that's what I said.  Reread the paragraph above, and you'll get
it.  :-)

Fredrik
--
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/