 Technic / *13601 (-100)
  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) Where did you find this set?? Any pictures??? I know an outdoor rc racer is supposed to come out exclusively to Radio Shack. The number is 8369. The name is unsure. If you search at Brickset it will say Outdoor RC Racer and it looks awful! I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

(...) You can find it here (can't direct link due to frames needed for navigation): (URL) klick "By Number" and choose "8800-8899" in the drop-down menu. /Tobbe (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston

(...) Hi Mike You probably mean Leo's translational joint: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical pneumatic piston

Hello, A while ago I had a website bookmarked that showed how to build a mechanical piston replacement, mainly utilizing worm gears and half bushings as I recall. Naturally I've lost the bookmark now, so could some kind soul point me in the right (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

Does anybody have any info about this new radio controlled set ? I haven't found it in any set database. Steve (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) US or (...) is (...) Ontario (...) It's available at Evans stores in Wisconsin. John (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) My bad. (...) I would think that you can easily do it with one motor for the front, one motor for the back (greatest flexibility. You'll have to use the other variety motor to rotate the turntable. (...) Fun, eh? [snip] (...) The (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) No, if you look at the photos you'll see that each piston is joined above the platform. It's not the best system because of the lower power you achieve with retraction versus extension, but it works best when you're trying to keep everything (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) Your original system had the pistons underneath the platform, right? You must be assuming that the ganged pistons would be underneath. This is not a requirement. I'm not advocating for ganged pistons. I'd think that a geared (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

(...) Hi Mark, Do you have an image of the original geometry, and your modified version? I could not find 8868 on BrickShelf's scanned library. Kevin (...) The new valves are superior in my mind as well. Another plus is they require less parts to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lousy photo's

(...) It indead is a great model. But is a pitty the quality of the images is very poor. The crane is a very well succeeded copy of the original Liebherr crane (it probably is an LTM1300 of the German crane hire and heavy hauler Prangl). I'm (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Yes, stop-motion has much different requirements than realtime filming. Actually, if I was looking for a fast realtime cut from top to bottom, the current mechanism is perfect. It moves quite fast. (...) running IE 6, XP Pro. Any clue why? (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) It only now occur to me that it's animation we're talking about, not filming. In that case it does not matter hos long it takes etc. between the shots (sure, fast is better it don't need to be 30fps fast). Then you could easily build a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

Oh, forgot to mention; I get DNS-errors (unresolved hostname) a lot on your site, don't know if it's on my end, yours or inbetween. Hitting reload helps! I don't experience these problems on other sites so it might be on your end, or the DNS-server (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

(...) Hi Rob, (...) Hm, since I can't recall seeing your site before I can't judge the improvements, but I do like the site as-is. I have some grudge against using Java on pages for simpler things but I approve on yours. (...) Very interesting, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

(...) I used the geometry from the alternative model of 8868 crane truck for a long time (this was a bin lorry). However, I found that raising the bottom end of the piston up off the beam that the valve is attached to is a good idea as it helps to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

(...) Thanks! Let me return the compliments: I really like your site as well. You have done a great job with the renderings and provide excellent information. Your site reads like a technical journal. I like it a lot. I want to build my own version (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) It just so happens that I have a good geometry :^) (URL) Very true. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea! Sure. It is always a pleasure to talk to you Mike. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) You really don't *need* both sides actuated, but it allows one to raise the platform as well. Not really necessary, I suppose. I presume you mean two pistons ganged end-to-end. I think this would work much better, but so far have not found any (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

I used the same geometry for pistons flipping switches for a long time, but decided to see if I could come up with something better. The new geometries take less parts than my older geometry, and get better range of motion. My old tried and true (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Two reasons. One, using a motor didn't occur to me. ;) Two, I don't have any rotation sensors either. I'm also unsure how I could use a motor to tilt and raise at the same time, though I don't think that's a movement needed very often. I could (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) Ah..., but you don't really need the back and the front controlled by pistons do you? I would think that keeping the front hinged and the back actuated would give you what you want. With two pistons ganged together, you can (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Yes, you're right - two switches would have been entirely sufficient. I just wanted another switch so I could add a release valve, that's all. :) I think originally I wanted something in there so I could bypass the tank and pump directly to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) They work for me now also. (...) I guess I was curious why you used pneumatics. I would think a motor/gear/rotation sensor would give you very fine angular resolution and variable speed. You also would only need to control either the front or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  OT: Interesting resource on lever mechanisms.

Found this while digging through Rob Stehliks excellent site and thought it might be of interest: (URL) like to try my hands on making some of them in brick, but by all means do try them if you want to - I'd probably just add it to my ever growing (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Hi Bauchaile, I don't post with in-line images because not everyone has broadband. (...) I love to see new pneumatic projects! I was curious why you needed three switches. It seems like a front switch and a back switch would be sufficient. It (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Yeah, it does somewhat. One thing that helps is not to pressurize the tank all the way. If there isn't much pressure it doesn't "jump" as much and helps keep increments small. Another thing that's helpful is not to flip the switch all the way (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) It works for me...odd. Anyway, I made that post about half an hour after I uploaded the pictures, so I didn't think a moderated folder link would be much good. Now that it is moderated... (URL) for looking, ~Mike (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

(...) Hi Rob, Thanks for the update, I will make sure to spend some time digging through the goodies. I vividly remember that your original site was one of the very first sites I came across and I was blown away by the depth and variety of your (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) They work like a charm to me!? Cool use of pneumatics Mike, how is control? Pneumatics tend to "jump" from one position to another that would give a pretty non-smooth camera pan? The airtank (yours and the LEGO version); Does it really need an (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Mack & Heavy Haulage Day 2003

Just added some pictures of the (URL) Mack & Heavy Haulage Day> of October 5th. (URL) I will add more LEGO pictures soon. Some of them weren't clear unfortunately (e.g. the DEMAG CC12600 of Ron Jansen). Enjoy! Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Hi Mike, I could not get any of your links to work..... Any hints? Kevin (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8219 Go Cart

I bought mine in Ireland, at Argos. It was available in toyshops too. Definitely not a promotional set. Duq "Peter-Bo Hansen" <peter-bo@hoshansen.dk> wrote in message news:HM9zzC.upB@lugnet.com... (...) Cart (...) 1997-2000 (...) result. (...) and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8219 Go Cart

Hello I have got my 8219 from New Zealand, but that is already several yearsa ago Later I was able to obtain this set over here (the Netherlands) too. Greetings Maico Arts (...) Cart (...) 1997-2000 (...) result. (...) and if (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8219 Go Cart

Hello all, I'm cataloguing my LEGO Technic collection and has come across the 8219 Go Cart set ((URL)) from 1998 (or so). I have tried to find out more about the set using LEGO catalogs from 1997-2000 on BrickShelf ((URL)), but without any result. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

Hello all, For an animation project I'm starting, a camera tilt and pan unit became necessary. Here's half of it, the tilt part. (I haven't designed the pan part yet) Forgive me if I'm misposting this; this is my first major MOC post. Deep links: (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lousy photo's

(...) First time the speed computer is used in a good MOC? Thanks for pointing it out Steven! (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Hi Max, I've just uploaded them here: (URL) are 8 pictures and a short movie (15s)... There is also a link to a page with the description of a real suspension used in Rover brand cars. Greetings, David PS: If the movie does not play when you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Lousy photo's

Great model! (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) I know it is available at the Lego stores near me in Atlanta, GA USA. Scott (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) It's more like a hard to find set. It is not a shop@home exclusive but it is very hard to find. I have seen it only once at a local Toys'R'Us here in Ontario with an MSRP of $149.99 CDN. I also saw the Rescue Truck for $99.99 CDN. (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

It's in Sweden as well. I'd say all over Europe and Australia, US should have it? I recall some of the rtlToronto (Canada) guys bought it locally in a store, but that might have been a special order? (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new lego fun !!!

(...) I sent a copy to lugnet.people and requested followups there too, where it's not that off-topic after all! (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.people)

  8299 CD Loading

Does anyone know of a method to load the 8299 CD into a hard drive other than the "C" drive? There's no more room on my "C" and I'm placing all the Lego software over on my "D". No problems with the others but it looks like the 8299 setup is (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) Granted it's not foolproof, it only gives a relative heading. You'll easily be pointed the wrong direction if the wheels slip or loose contact with the ground. Nowadays we would be better off to use a compass sensor or GPS which gives an (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  visit the new populair lego website

visit the new populair lego website ||| |||(URL) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: new lego fun !!!

"SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> wrote in message news:HM0o09.1GDE@lugnet.com... (...) :))) i hope you will forgive me i'll not include any pictures but i can explain it with simple words you've got to take two minifigs leave them alone for some time wait (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) Another one from Claude Baumann and his team, applied to robotics: (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new lego fun !!!

congratulation! What about the building instructions? ;-) again congratulation! steP "pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:HLyx1n.1H80@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) This was one of the first things I built when I got my RIS. Naively I tweaked and tweaked my contraption, trying to make it into a reliable navigation mechanism for my robot. :-) Since then I have stopped believing in the utility of the South (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) matter which way the chariot goes? That's wonderful! ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

Ever wondered what else you can do with the differential gear in your LEGO Mindstorms set? Well, here is a model to build to show off your differential gear. It's the key element in this contraption. (URL) thought of but daren't cross-post to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) It is available in stores in Australia too so definitely not S@H exclusive. ROSCO (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

I haven't seen it in my area, but I have seen some of the smaller Technic sets (Front-End Loader, Dump Truck, Forklift). I'd imagine we'll see it in stores over the winter months. Probably at Toys "?" Us, then later at your general merchandise (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Hi Max, I found parts of it in a box this past weekend... I'll re-build it this week and take a few pictures... Greetings, David (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) I've seen it in France and Germany. Jürgen (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new lego fun !!!

"Mike Thorn" <buachaille@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:6.0.0.22.0.2003....rr.com... (...) thanx (...) sure i've got some for her yeah i forgot to tell she's a girl :) br pixel (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: new lego fun !!!

Hey, that's great! Congratulations!! Get 'im started early! Never to soon for Duplos... Best wishes, ~Mike (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  new lego fun !!!

hi it's almost absolutely off topic but i think you will forgive me that i'd like to present my new MOC !!! :))) new lego fun (URL) regards to all pixel (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Is the 8455 available in stores?

Hello all technic fans! Quick question: Is the technic backhoe 8455 available in stores (in the US or germany) or is it an exclusive shop at home item? Thanks (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  New robots and other goodies

Hi Everyone, Just letting you know I have totally refurbished my website. There are several new robots, and updates to some of the older ones. Highlights: -My latest robot which is basically an automated backhoe. -New ideas on the Torsen diff page. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) When can we expect pics of this prototype Watts linkage? Max (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) No problem Jen. And you did value add with the link, I think that counts as extra information ;) ROSCO (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Which explains why I got 34 messages after only being gone since yesterday morning... ~Mike (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) This post explains the recent wonkyness with Lugnet: (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) I've said it before (several times :-) and I'll say it again: since the airtanks cannot provide consistent performance levels, in my opinion they are rubbish for most applications. You are far better off building a motorised compressor that (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Ack! Sorry for duplicating your message there Rosco, my NNTP connection to lugnet has been a bit flaky recently which confuses me greatly. I've had a message dissappear as well, is anyone else experiencing NNTP woes? Jennifer (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks! (...) Mark Terrabain invented a single piston, single switch AND gate, but it only has one pressure output, so you have to retract the pistons with some external force like rubber bands. I invented a single pison, dual (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) For models with a lot of cylinders I use a car tyre air compressor. I bought the slightly more expensive one tha has a variable pressure limiter and set the limiter to 20 PSI initially. This wasn't quite enough. 25 PSI was good for all but the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego tattoo

(...) After 18 years of making the 4733 they still don't make 'em in red. At least they're not in any official set inventoried at peeron... I wonder how a technic gear would look as a tattoo, the z24 comes in red :) /Tobbe (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) I'm not sure and my bricks aren't around as I type this; Does the 1 x 1 technic brick [1] (or similar) slide over the hose end when it's connected? If so that should make a real snug fit for the hose. Perhaps some other brick can do this (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

Tobbe Arnesson wrote: > The hoses will pop-off before any damage is done due to preassure. The preassure > will also leak out in time so there's no danger there either. I verified this for myself tonight with three pumps working three airtanks and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) The four bar linkages used for driving excavator buckets are good for doing appoximately 180 degrees motion, especially when you have to go "round a corner". The following shows an example - I'm not sure about its angular range but certainly (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Levers are your friend! Have a look at the mechanisms used to drive the buckets on 8455 backhoe (front and back), and similar models. While these operate nowhere near 180 deg, adjustment of lengths/fulcrums may well get you closer. ROSCO (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Near 180 degrees maybe tough. You'll need to keep the piston attached as close as possible to the pivot point of the arm to get the maximum range. <snip> (...) Thanks for the positive feedback. I have three large pumps all attached to the same (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) What I'm currently thinking about is a mechanisim that will move an arm that's hinged at one end through a near 180 degree arc before it comes to a rest and then to have the reverse switch pull the arm back to it's initial position. At one end (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) That's good news. My interest is in building full-built models and not the technic see-through style efforts that I usually see the pneumatics used on so it'll be important that the cylinders are capable of moving the combined weight of the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Thanks for the heads up, that presentation really does help out quite a bit and the outlet plug is also a good idea. I'm awfully surprised that there is no official outlet cap after all these years, but I suppose that Lego never felt one was (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) My speculation #3 has come true!! (URL) from S@H> when told to ship to Canada: Item#: 8438 Ages: 11+ Pieces: 839 Price: USD 84.99 Preorder this item today, will ship by 24 Oct 2003 Hooray! Even though I already have a 8431. The Backhoe is on (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) My friend Doug has used them up to 30 PSI. (...) I don't know what the maximum allowable pressure is, but 30 PSI is probably a good upper bound. It depends on which direction you are trying to move the weight. If you are trying to move it (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) By highly scientific methods [1] I got ~54N, beyond that the cylinder starts leaking. With a diameter of the piston of 13mm that gives 54N/(pi*0.0065mm^2)=406833.94 Pa ~ 4 times atmospheric pressure. That is rather new transparent cylinder (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brian Reynolds wrote: <<snip>> (...) The hoses will pop-off before any damage is done due to preassure. The preassure will also leak out in time so there's no danger there either. (...) Depends on the compressor. (...) Don't (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

Hi Brian, Have a look to Kevin's presentation: (URL) it doesn't answer all of your questions, but at least to point 4: use a small piece of tube and plug in a minifig tool handle or a bar such as (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Lego pneumatic systems overview?

Hey there folks, recently my eyes were opened to the mechanical possibilities that the Lego pneumatic systems allowed and today I received my Bricklink order for a couple pumps, pistons, switches, airtanks, and tubes and have been happily testing (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Granite Question

(...) Cool! What about the others? This information seems to be missing from (URL) also somewhat curious about the year 2000 Throwbots. Thanks, TWS Garrison (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic.slizer)

  Mask Of Light World Premiere at Legoland California - Complete Review Now Up

I have finished putting up all the different sections of the review of the World Premiere for the Bionicle: Mask Of Light that took place at Legoland, CA up on BZP. I have put up the complete story all on one page on Land Of Bricks as promised, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) I certainly would mind. First, people will be getting more than enough new-type cylinders with 8455 and any future pneumatic set. Second, it's illegal to have a picture of a toy that differs from what is inside the box; in the picture we see (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) If they do, this would need to be reworked: (URL) the state Brickshelf is in, I'm glad that site exists, I tend to forget about it) I would not mind though. But if they, say, changed all the Technic beams into the studless type with lot's of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) That is certainly reason enough to renumber the set. But, the picture we see is the exact same as set 8431. If they do use the newer cylinder, with this amount of change, it's getting further and further away from the original 8460... (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) I'd say this is the case. But not one of them, probably all of them. Why keep two different cylinders in production? (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) Speculation? I like it. :) Here's mine... New set number and new instructions made because of this new kick? "For even more action, use the #8735 Power Pack (sold separately) and watch the truck move on its own." 8438 comes in 2003-style (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Dear lego, please release more technic reissues

A perfect candidate is the 8062 universal set. A re-issue (without the storage case obviously) would almost certainly be fesable (I cant see anything in the set that TLC doesnt have any more except mabie the plates with holes) and its a good set (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

(...) As soon as I saw it on BrickSet, I went to the Lego site and saw that I had to change my country to an european one to see it. Great idea to keep that GREAT set in production once more. But I find it silly to re-number it again , it gets (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Shocking news from Brickset

Sounds like what happend was: 1.8431 came out 2.lego only did smallish production run of it 3.it sold far more than expected 4.a decision to do more was made and 5.because of how lego works and how long it has been since this first hit, a new number (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Shocking news from Brickset

I just saw this at Brickset: (URL) Seems familiar? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck! A SECOND REISSUE!!! This is unbelievable! I have never seen a set being re-released twice! And let me tell you, if a set is worth (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: RC buggies

Can't remember the exact details, but when I had a look at both in the Technic/Mindstorms shop in Billund earlier this summer I was definitely more impressed with the Supersonic one. Duq "John Guerquin" <jguerquin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC buggies

(...) I can confirm this, since I have the 8475, and I've also examined the 8366 in person. The motors, R/C receiver and transmitter are identical. The 8475 has four wheel independent suspension, and uses some specialized front suspension components (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC buggies

(...) I have the (older) RC Race Buggy (8475) and was playing with the Supersonic RC (8366) in the Kingston Lego shop this weekend. As far as I could tell the RC components and motors are identical (although I didn't take the shop display model (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  RC buggies

There appear to be two RC vehicles available at the moment, the "RC Race Buggy" (8475) and the "Supersonic RC" (8366). I assume both have the same electronics and motors, but 8366 has not made it onto peeron yet so I can't verify this. Can anyone (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brick 1x2 with hole in Spirit of St. Louis

I'm positive mine (european) came with the x455 bricks when I got it back in '76. Duq "Clark Stephens" <clarkcorner@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HLADGG.1oFM@lugnet.com... (...) difference in (...) mine (...) these (...) copied (...) think (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact