 Technic / 11353
Re: New robots and other goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi Rob,

Just letting you know I have totally refurbished my website. There are several
new robots, and updates to some of the older ones.

Hm, since I can't recall seeing your site before I can't judge the improvements,
but I do like the site as-is. I have some grudge against using Java on pages for
simpler things but I approve on yours.

Highlights:

-My latest robot which is basically an automated backhoe.

Very interesting, that's a mega backhoe as far as LEGO go. And one that can dig
non the less! Congratulations to the victory!

-New ideas on the Torsen diff page.

I like the idea pages, the Torsen diff is a tad above my comprehension at the
moment, but it does sound interesting. Think I have to build one just so I can
figure out how it works :)

-A video of the latest version of the Window Walker which now carries its own
vacuum pump.

Yikes.

-Lots more info on my firefighting robot, including a video.

Wow! Is that fast or what? Good thing you managed to fight your own fire before
you got burned out on LEGO! Sometimes "brake a leg" really is a good thing :)

http://sparky.i989.net/rstehlik

I like all your robots and I'm planning to build a Turtle of my own if time
permits. Hosting a LUG-fest here in Sweden soon and it would be cool to have it
print out "SweLUG" by then. I saw from the rtlToronto demo reel you had it spell
"RTL9". It might make a good catalyst to get my fellow AFOL's into robotics :)

It's also good to finally get a better look at some of the rtl bot's!

Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to investigate your whole site before
replying and with that much excellent text it did take a while of more off then
on browsing...

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe