 Technic / 11284
Re: Shocking news from Brickset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:15:32 GMT

If they do use the newer cylinder, with this amount of change, it's getting
further and further away from the original 8460...

If they do, this would need to be reworked:
http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/scans/08000/8460/029.jpg
(given the state Brickshelf is in, I'm glad that site exists, I tend to forget
about it)

I would not mind though.

I certainly would mind.

First, people will be getting more than enough new-type cylinders with 8455 and
any future pneumatic set.

Second, it's illegal to have a picture of a toy that differs from what is inside
the box; in the picture we see (taken from Lego shop at home), the cylinders are
clearly brick-bottomed. Anytime Lego re-issued a set, they changed the picture
on the box to reflect the changes.

Third, having the new cylinders would be getting to far to the original 8460
model. 8431 had very small and insignificant changes, the only notable one being
the loss of the toothed connectors and bushings.

But if they, say, changed all the Technic beams into the studless type with
lot's of fairings instead of plates - riot! :)

Then it would look NOTHING like the original - or the photo we see!

I say; Bring back modelteam! Now that would make my wallet hurt

They already did; sets 4402, 4403 and 4004 ARE Model Team (trust me, I built all
three main models), they simply have a new name, "Advanced Designer"

... Come to think
about it, don't bring back modelteam! :) I'm having enough trouble convincing
myself *not* bying the ISD as-is...

/Tobbe

The red helicopter (4403) is only $49.99 USD and is HUGE - even bigger than
8856! Easily my favorite of the three new Model Team sets, it's the most Technic
too.
By looking at their sizes and features, you'd have thought the helicopter would
be the most expensive set.