 Technic / 11283
Re: Shocking news from Brickset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stéphane Simard wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
5. One of the pneumatic cylinders will be replaced by the new type?

I'd say this is the case. But not one of them, probably all of them. Why keep
two different cylinders in production?

That is certainly reason enough to renumber the set. But, the picture we see is
the exact same as set 8431.

If they do use the newer cylinder, with this amount of change, it's getting
further and further away from the original 8460...

If they do, this would need to be reworked:
http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/scans/08000/8460/029.jpg
(given the state Brickshelf is in, I'm glad that site exists, I tend to forget
about it)

I would not mind though.

But if they, say, changed all the Technic beams into the studless type with
lot's of fairings instead of plates - riot! :)

I won't buy this reissue either since I basically already have the parts to
build a copy, but I like it to stick around in case I need to fill up on the
great parts it contains.

I say; Bring back modelteam! Now that would make my wallet hurt... Come to think
about it, don't bring back modelteam! :) I'm having enough trouble convincing
myself *not* bying the ISD as-is...

/Tobbe