 Technic / 11278
Re: Shocking news from Brickset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:50:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Keith Hui wrote:
   I just saw this at Brickset:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8438-1

Seems familiar? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It’s 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck! A SECOND REISSUE!!!

This is unbelievable! I have never seen a set being re-released twice! And let me tell you, if a set is worth re-releasing twice, Lego should have made this a LEGEND and make this a long standing reissue instead of only for a short few months like the 8431 was.

Yeah, and repeat after me: 8460 is a legend, right up there with 8480. Follow me and ye shall find peace. :-)

Sure I’m glad I picked one up while I can, together with the 5218 pneumatic pack! And with a 8455 on order, feel free to call me a pneumatic junkie!

Enjoy this scoop.

Keith

PS: Will we see it in a 2003-style box?

As soon as I saw it on BrickSet, I went to the Lego site and saw that I had to change my country to an european one to see it.

Great idea to keep that GREAT set in production once more. But I find it silly to re-number it again , it gets confusing. They should have kept the number 8431 and just label it Legend like it deserves.

And as I said, it’s not available in the USA and Canada. Not that I care, my own 8431 is plenty enough for me.

DId I mention that this set was the very first Lego I got my hands on after a 15 year long Dark Age. It was fun, but weird at the same time, building that monster of a set, using many parts I had not seen before. I remember taking a dinner break after building the truck, then continued with the crane right after.

Most embarrassing moment: this set made me realized I forgot how to make “sliding node” with a string (sorry, I have no idea how to say it in english, in french it’s “Noeud Coulant”.