 Technic / 11275
Re: RC buggies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:13:46 GMT

Can't remember the exact details, but when I had a look at both in the
Technic/Mindstorms shop in Billund earlier this summer I was definitely more
impressed with the Supersonic one.

Duq

"John Guerquin" <jguerquin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, William Howard wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
There appear to be two RC vehicles available at the moment, the "RC • Race
Buggy" (8475) and the "Supersonic RC" (8366). I assume both have the • same
electronics and motors, but 8366 has not made it onto peeron yet so I • can't
verify this. Can anyone else? I'd like to get the best one of those and
don't want to make an expensive mistake!

Jennifer

I have the (older) RC Race Buggy (8475) and was playing with the • Supersonic RC
(8366) in the Kingston Lego shop this weekend.  As far as I could tell • the RC
components and motors are identical (although I didn't take the shop • display
model appart to confirm this!)

Given the small number of parts in each set you are basically paying for • the RC
unit and wheels - so I'd go for the cheapest.  Shame Argos no longer • stock the
RC Buggy as I picked mine up at half price

I can confirm this, since I have the 8475, and I've also examined the 8366 • in
person. The motors, R/C receiver and transmitter are identical.
The 8475 has four wheel independent suspension, and uses some specialized • front
suspension components (designed to fall apart upon impact). It also • includes two
sets of tires:  68.8 diameter off-road tires, and 56 diameter slicks.

The 8366 has no suspension, is a larger vehicle, has more pieces (new • studless
beams), and features new larger diameter slicks (don't remember the • diameter,
but it's around 68mm).  Given that the 8366 has larger tires than the • 8475, and
that (I believe) they're driven by the faster motor outputs (1700 RPM vs • 1200),
it is a faster vehicle - both in speed and in ability to drain batteries • :)

Hope this helps !

John