 Technic / *13201 (-100)
  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Live-axle suspension and drivetrain seems not to be much of a challenge. However, steering looks like it may be the real challenge, just by looking at the pics available on the net. Using 8466 parts and making a Bigfoot/monster truck seems (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) It reminds me in a lot of ways of Tamiya's classic radio-controlled Toyota 4x4 Pickup (later called the "Bruiser" and then the "Mountaineer"), which was built in the same way; a scale chassis and the body on top. Tamiya's set used the ladder (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) I know it's bad form to reply to my own post, but I forgot about the inventory. It's on Peeron, although the site appears to be quite slow right now. (URL) John (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Hi Max The 4404 has 4-wheel independent suspension as part of the set. The components are nearly identical to the suspension in set 8465 (URL) except that there is NO steering. However, if you have the 8465 set, you should be able to easily (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Hi Max, If you look at some of the pictures from the link you're referencing, you can see the instruction manual. It shows the independant suspension... So unless this is a custom made, custom printed manual, then yes (and by that I mean (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  4404 Land Busters Question

(URL) Picture> It is obvious that this 4404 set has a full 4-wheel independent suspension. But,are the suspension parts part of the set, or were they added to the set? Triedto look on peeron.com for a parts list, but it has been giving me an (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: CAT320B

(...) YEEEEEEEEOWWWW! My jaw is still on on the floor from seeing your model! I have never seen a lego model that is so close to the real thing! I bet Caterpillar would love to see that model! Chris Pritchard (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) I can't say for sure about the parts, but from my experience at Toy Fair, turning the rear blue strobe causes the second set of wheels to steer, the first set of wheels to over-steer, and the fourth set of wheels to counter-steer, all at the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question - rear wheel steering by Lego

(...) See Crane 8460, instr. pages 15-17 give a clear view how it's done. so, if lego claims to have 'a new steering principle' I hope they don't refer to opposite-turning-rear-wheels. :-) Klaas (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) Well, it's not the first time they have incorporated reverse-steering in the back wheel, (URL) is it the first time they have made varying angle dual front wheels steering, (or varying angle steered dual rear wheels) (URL) it's the first time (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) David, I got to see one of these up close at the Lego Outlet in the Discovery Mills Shopping Center in Atlanta, GA. I believe the reference refers to the fact that the front two sets of two wheels turn in the direction of the intended turn (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8454 question

Hi, In the latest Shop at Home catalog (US version), the description of this new Technic set (aviation fire truck) says that "This detailed model features a newly developped steering mechanism". Does anybody know what this is about? Are any new, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

The main model consists of 10 pistons, 2 compressers, 7 switches, and 41 sections of tubes! (Exercise: How many T-connectors do we need for this pneumatic configuration? :-) The pneumatics are so complicated yet the tubes are arranged so neatly. The (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 8x4 by Robert Griebl

(...) Hi Dennis, I wanted to announce that truck here myself :) -- I just wanted to redo the loading crane first (still waiting for some bricklink parts...) I'll give you some more info (and some new pictures) "when it's done" and I hope this will (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Mercedes-Benz Actros 8x4 by Robert Griebl

The text is in German, but the pictures tells you a lot: (URL) Bosman (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

"Me too". I bought 8455 from Shop at Home a few weeks ago and I had a lot of fun building it. It took me a little while to acclimatise myself to the new construction method with an almost complete lack of conventional bricks. I think it's a bit like (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

(...) I acquired this set last weekend and started putting it together while attending the WAMALUG meeting. I was joking with the WAMALUG folks that the box should warn you that tools are required for assembly. (I was stuck with no way to chop up (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8455 New Technic Backhoe

Just built the new backhoe loader set and I have to say I think it’s very cool. The set uses strictly all the new studless beams and friction peg connect construction methods. It has 10 new pistons and as has been detailed here on Lugnet features (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8448 All-Wheel Drive

(...) hi max I think you should try visit my homepage, I have made a 4x4 some years ago my page is : WWW.VINTERMUSSEN.DK I hope You like what you see Regards Lars Vinter Rasmussen (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

(...) Use the catalog code on the back of your catalog and you get a discount. Gary (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

I saw some scans from the recent SAH Catalog thanks to Erik Olson. I noticed that the 8455 Back-Hoe had a price of $89.99 USD but at their site it said it is $99.99 USD. Same with the Rescue Truck. It says on their site it costs $69.99 USD and in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT320B

(...) thats way cool.im very impressed with the detail. stevenx (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts specs

(...) !!!!! Well, uh... A great big thank you is in order here :-) GREAT BIG THANK YOU !!!! That was everything I needed, I hope it can also help others! Terry (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT320B

(...) -TJ (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  CAT320B

But...what is this ?? (URL) to enlarge image.... (URL) is my last model: CAT 320 B (URL) machine, equiped by RCX, as usual on my model (but external this time !), has three motors to control valves, tower and trucked traction, two touch sensors to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics) !!

  Re: Parts specs

The following measurements (given in inches) were made with Starrett dial calipers. These are really made for 0.001" measurements, so that fourth decimal place isn't too accurate (say perhaps to the nearest +/- 0.0002"). Also, I measured 4 parts and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Quarry

NELUG recently participated in the LEGO Roadshow. We decided that we wanted to do something special for the event, so we built a fully automated quarry scene that had working vehicals with a Rube-Goldberg feeling to it where "gravel" would (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: 3 wheeled Motorcycle that tilts sidewise?

The APAX tricycle is probably not quite what you meant, but it's still cool, and it does lean when it turns. (URL) the mechanism is all exposed and visible, so it might be easier to build in Lego. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Can pnuematics wear out?

(...) Contact LEGO, you can probably get them replaced. Kevin (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts specs

(...) Thanks TJ ! We want to do a plate with studs so a minifig can stand on it. Our idea is to drill holes the size of a technic hole so we can put technic half pins with stud on end in the holes. In order to do thatm we need the exact diameter of (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Can pnuematics wear out?

All my pnuematic cylinders are over 10 years old, they don`t seem to work well at all, do seals wear out, or crack due to age? Maybe i`ll need to buy that backhoe to update my cylinders... (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

(...) Do it! I'm sure you could come up with some cunning use for them. You are, after all, the Robot Master. Cheers, Allister (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

(...) In lugnet.build.mecha, Chris Maddison wrote: (...) <blush> Thanks guys. Not only does it move, it survives a full speed impact with the wall more or less intact :) (and don't be deceived by the video - with a full winding and enough room it (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 3 wheeled Motorcycle that tilts sidewise?

(...) I think you mean the Carver. It was just presented in the BBC program TOPGEAR. Here is a link: (URL) does look cool to drive! Mark (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 wheeled Motorcycle that tilts sidewise?

Øyvind Steinnes's utterance expressed in news:HHz5wJ.A3u@lugnet.com: (...) not yet... (...) (URL) (...) I bet it is this one: (URL) If it is a car or a motorcycle I dont know. It has three wheels, all (...) I call it a motorcycle since it tilts. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  3 wheeled Motorcycle that tilts sidewise?

Has anybody seen this type of machine buildt in LEGO? Or does anybody out there know of any links with pictures of the real thing? What I'm talking about is a three wheeled car/motorcycle where the body of the car/motorcycle lean invard when turning (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Walker Madness

(...) Hi TJ, Thanks for curating and thanks for the walker publicity. I think they are lots of fun! (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Walker Madness

In the midst of all the walker MOCs posted here, I just wanted to say how great I think this "thing" is. I hate to call it a fad or trend, because I don't want it to lose popularity. Walkers are small, but clever. They can be very sophisticated and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts specs

(...) Terry, I'm not sure where this data is, I also recall seeing it somewhere. However, I have dial calipers and a micrometer, I'd be happy to make some measurements and post them. Do you know what parts your friend is looking to measure? Best, TJ (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

Hey good idea showing the transformation with video. Nice! Also, now I look at my pull back motors and tell them stories of how they could be used one day. ;) e (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

(...) I second Gil. I LOVE THIS. It's nifty looking in robot form, astounding as a car, and the damned thing moves! Well done sir, well done. -Chris (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

(...) I watched it 4 times. Allister...stick your head out the window...you should be able to hear me clapping, despite the 14 gazilliom kms distance. Form...function....amazing. Fine, fine work sir. My highest laudations. Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Parts specs

Hey everyone ! I'm looking for the technical specifications of some technic parts. I want the size of the holes, the thickness of the bricks, etc in 1/1000 of inches, if possible. I've got a friend who needs them for a special project. I recall (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Nuhvok-Ka - Final Update - motorised

(cross posted to space since that's where I mostly hang out, and it is kinda 'spacey') Well folks, as hinted at earlier, I've added a pull back motor to my bionicle transforming car, and managed to retain the same transformability as before. The (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  SICO T7: A COG-Shifting Biped--with instructions steps!

Hello all! I am proud to announce my latest biped: SICO T7. After some hard (but fun) work, I have all in ready and instruction steps available for download via my website. SICO T7 belongs to the class of COG-shifting bipeds and his name is not (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for Technic Creations

(...) ===...=== Mecha / Technic MOC Room Room 246 Bricks Fest 2003 ===...=== Name: # of Mocs/Area Needed: Power needed: Y/N Description: optional ===...=== Room 246 is also the Technic Room. Looking for folks to contribute Technic MOCs. Please fill (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic)

  New Poster Art - on Biomechanical Bricks

New, Orginal Poster Art, Enjoy. (all of the backgrounds started out as Grey Base Plates) Zolqwith (URL) Rin Tin Tin Din Din (URL) RG Mech (URL) GG Mech (URL) Jamocklaquat (URL) Poster Prints Available Soon. (URL) Eric Sophie> (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  BrickFest Sumo competition

BrickFest is almost upon us. One of the highlights will be the Sumo competition on Sunday. If you are planning on taking part, then you need to know; The beacons will be infrared emitters - provided by the organizers. The detectors may be; your own (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Hot off the Press "Artist builds comprehensive LEGO robot"

Hot off the Press - Artist builds comprehensive LEGO robot - July 9th 2003 - (URL) On Lego.com (URL) e (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Snub Fighter.

Hi all, I would like to present this small fighter for your viewing pleasure. (URL) This one came as a result of trying to find a use for the Jedi Starfighter canopy. I'd bought a few discounted Bionicle sets recently and started holding some of the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'd have to go with Calum on this one. I'd like to do some type of RC Racer thing, like a figure 8 race, but I've already committed some of my parts to other projects. But still, it would be cool to spend one session (that doesn't require much (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) See my previous post: (URL) for ideas. Happy to help, as long as the rules are really only used for BrickFest. My idea was for an internet based competition, however. Use the rules however you wish. Any, all, none at all. Max (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) ...but that's not all she's doing. Iain (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'm just worried we'd be spreading the audience a little thin between this, PipeRacers and all the stuff John Barnes is doing... ...I will be putting the final PipeRacers rules up tonight. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) Stop tempting me!! I really wnat to go but I just can't! WIth something like this, I'd show up with my RC modified 8448 with Marie driving and blow the doors off of everybody else! Well, no, not really 'cause the RC 8448 is much heavier than (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  RC RACERS at BrickFest!

I had asked this question a little while ago, and I did not get much resopnse, so I am trying again. Would there be an intrest in having a RC Racer compition at BrickFest? Here is what I was thinking: Where: We use the lobby area on the First floor (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: X5 - High-speed COG-shifting biped

(...) Thanks, the flex axles can really help make things look sleeker. (...) Yep, The mechanism is pretty simple. (...) Again, thanks =) jrl (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: X5 - High-speed COG-shifting biped

(...) Can I assume that it leans over onto each foot as part of the COG shfiting process? Great job! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  X5 - High-speed COG-shifting biped

Introducing by far my fastest biped yet. I've clocked it at approximately 28 ft./min. or about .5 km/hour, although its speed can vary a bit depending on the surface it's run on. It is fairly compact, and it uses an improved walking mechanism that (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I'm using something like (URL) to disassemble old models. It works great, but only on technic beams. cu Robert (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG VI, improved leg geometry

(...) I made a video of this one walking. The amount of leg lift on this little one is quite big given that it has no knees. (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker

(...) moves quite quickly. I used my best compressor for this (three large hand pumps side by side all being pumped by hand at the same time :^) (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

(...) Thanks! Yes. THis one is going to brickfest. The new form factor pneumatic switches found in 8455 helped a lot, because the mounting holes are not in line with the switch rotation point. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

(...) Thanks! I think the organic like movement is very enticing. It is what makes it my wife's favorite. (...) I've thought about that too, but nothings come to mind yet. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

i like this worm after my vacations i'll back to developing :) br pixel (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: custom aluminum axle

i think some of us thought about stronger lego parts i hope some day there will be available to buy some parts like this could be good to have some technic bricks also because the plastic one will convert itself to ash while using with alu axle (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

(...) natural when inching away. Now you just need to add steering :-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Taoniho Tiger

Just a cute little ol' white kitty-cat...with sharp pointy teeth! (Imagine that last part being said in Tim's voice and with proper hand-gestures) (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

(...) I made the movies smaller and now they work. Here is the whole inchworm going through one cycle. (URL) is a close up of the compression part of the wave as it travels from the back of the inchworm to the front: (URL) my flight to Boston for (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

(...) Nice concept to model in pneumatics. I'd love to see the MPG when you get it uploaded. I assume you implemented the compression with logic gates cascaded along the body. Brian (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I'll trade you. I have about 100 new, never used friction pins, and a gazillion used ones. (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Inchworm

Doi! OMG - WOW! Must bring to Brick Fest. Must see IRL. Uggg, so cool! Really "Koogot", really. If you make the little Twins, I'll build the shell and we can have MOTHRA! Sorry, in rare form today. e (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Mr Jamocklaquat, I presume. - Jama Story in Lego Employee Magazine

Now this is cool! Lego has an employee magazine called "Life Styles". I had the opportunity to have a story about Jama and its construction featured in a nearly full page article. The writer captured the message and lessons about Jama's construction (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !!

  Pneumatic Inchworm

I'm pleased to announce my latest pneumatic creature, an inchworm. Inchworm is much larger than an inch, but its body moves using a traveling wave like inchworms do. You can see the basic shape of my inchworm: (URL) is composed of 6 pneumatic (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) Gaurav, I always have one of these: (URL) lying around - lets you push down, and makes it much easier to remove such pins. Unfortunately, some older pins still get distorted, and call me wasteful, but I just throw them in the bin. I have more (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I must confess that I was a bit mixed up on the original question, as I don't believe I own any of the old pins without the slot through the center. I thought you were referring to the old #2 plus-rods. Anyways, how about trying a 1x? TECHNIC (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

Thanks for the responses, everyone. (...) I generally also use the notched 2 axles in my models, but I seem to actually have way more of the older notchless type. Those are pretty easy to remove by using the older type of half-bushings though (part (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic hose color usage

(...) It seems that they changed the color schemes for this a couple of times. For a long time (1985-1997), almost all of the sets used the one you described there, with gray tubes for the pump-valve inlet connections and black ones for the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic hose color usage

(...) I have 2 different sets with pneumatics. The first is 5218 which has 3 hose colors (blue, light grey, black) and uses them like the basic set you describe. The other set is 8250/8299 and has only 2 hose colors: light grey from the pump to tank (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic hose color usage

I own sets that use transparent hose from the pump to the switch and black to the pistons, and a set where grey is used from the pump to the switch and black to the pistons. In the 8868, the black hoses become quite the head ache, and i always find (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic hose color usage

In one of the LEGO pneumatic basic sets, you get a light grey hose, a black hose and a blue hose. I used the blue hose to get from the pump to the switch, the black hose on the contract port of the piston (to match the black cap that is there), and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Rahkanohi display

It's not much, but for those of you who might be interested in a way to display the Rahkshi "heads" along with your Kanohi collection, try this on for size: (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) A half beam...or a technic plate etc... That's a great idea! Regards, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) When dismantling the 8865 I used a similar technique, only half a beam (like <part:32063> or <part:2825>) instead of a full beam and <part:3959> or (URL) instead of the antenna. Taking the pin out of the half beam afterwards is easy. - David (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

I simply use a 16L beam with cross axle/peg type pegs in the outermost holes. You align with the target beam on the one peg and then press the two beams together forcing the black peg out with the other cross axle peg. I've done whole 8865's this (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) Teeth, man. Use your teeth! :-) When I was much younger, and a little short in the brains department(1), I used my teeth for much of my difficult LEGO disassembly. Consequently, I have a chipped tooth and many chewed up LEGO parts. Seriously, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

Hi Gaurav, Here is one method that might work for you. (URL) luck. Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) In the cases where I've had one of those installed in a place where it can be pushed completely through the connection, I've never had any problems like the ones you've mentioned above (most of the modern TECHNIC plus-shaped holes have some (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I've always used the official technique of making the T-shaped piece from two axles and pushing the peg out. If the black pegs are *really* stubborn, I build a sort of block with a 2x2 hole down the middle and lay the technic beam and peg over (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

As most of you know, the black friction pegs included in Technic sets issued before 1990 had a design that made them extremely hard to work with. I was wondering how the rest of you go about removing these things from other other pieces. The method (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) Hewkii is set #8584, though the LUGNET archive lists it under the old name of "Huki". (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

I'm a big fan of building sets using only box cover pictures. I can tell you for a fact that even the box-cover photos don't necessarily reflect exactly what you get inside. For example, I recently bought Hagrid's Hut, and the cover photo shows (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) So, there isn't a set number known yet? I'll keep checking on the C1000 promo action to see if does emerege there. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Old Mini-Motor vs. New Mini-Motor

Does the Peeron or Lugnet parts reference guide make a distinction between the new and old Mini-Motors? (old = Does the Peeron or Lugnet parts reference guide make a distinction between the new and old Mini-Motors? (old = (URL) 71427>, new = 43362) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Roll up, roll up!

(...) <snip> (...) Me too! I can't wait! -TJ (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Roll up, roll up!

BrickFest will include a Technic/Mindstorms MOC room this year. This will be your chance to show off your latest "really cool model" or "really wacky gizmo". So get those studded beams, technic pins and axle connectors geared up and bring your best. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) He's Hewkii, a revised version of Huki: [LEGOSet 1388] The storyline explanation is that the Matoran villagers did a great job helping to fight off the Rahi, Bohrok, and Bohrok Va, so the Turaga rewarded them by making them bigger. And they (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  New Belville promo polybag

Hello all, I did some additional research in the local C1000 supermarket store today, to check out the free promo ploybag action that the're currently running here in the Netherlands. I have positive identification of a new Belville promotional (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) As a follow-up, over time the air pressure in the closed compression loop drops due to slow leakages, so it requires periodic recharging. One way is to remove and reseat the tubing, but a beter way is to add another T and a hand pump to the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) Oops this isn't the building group! Sorry! :-S N (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact