 Technic / 10983
Re: 4404 Land Busters Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
   Picture

It is obvious that this 4404 set has a full 4-wheel independent suspension. But,are the suspension parts part of the set, or were they added to the set? Triedto look on peeron.com for a parts list, but it has been giving me an errormessage all day. If they are part of the original set, I’d say TLG is taking astep in the right direction, merging Technic parts with a Model Team-type body.

Max

Hi Max

The 4404 has 4-wheel independent suspension as part of the set. The components are nearly identical to the suspension in set 8465 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8465 except that there is NO steering. However, if you have the 8465 set, you should be able to easily modify 4404 to steer as well, using this http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6574 little steering rack.

The chassis/suspension of the 4404 is built separately from the body. In that way, it nearly mimicks real pick-up trucks that are built body on frame. I think the challenge would be to rebuild the chassis to incorporate a drivetrain, rear live-axle suspension, and steering, while allowing it to fit under the original 4404 body (which IS beautiful).

Definetly a return of Model Team, albeit under a different name. When will all the nay-sayers learn that just because a theme has been inactive for a few years, does not mean it is dead. :) I do not wish to restart an old thread regarding the death of themes: I simply think that patience is required. LEGO is a smart company!

regards

John