 Technic / 10978
Re: 8454 question - rear wheel steering by Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:27:57 GMT

I was not able to inspect for different or new pieces and I really have no idea
how the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction of the front wheels. I will
say that I think that this is not the first time that LEGO designers have done
this. I seem to recall a crane or other vehicle that could do this. Or I might
be thinking of someone's web site that had done this to a vehicle of their own
design.

Does anyone know the reference of remember the vehicle?

See Crane 8460, instr. pages 15-17 give a clear view how it's done.

so, if lego claims to have 'a new steering principle' I hope they don't
refer to opposite-turning-rear-wheels.    :-)

Klaas