 Technic / 10974
Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:26:52 GMT

The main model consists of 10 pistons, 2 compressers, 7 switches, and 41
sections of tubes! (Exercise: How many T-connectors do we need for this
pneumatic configuration? :-) The pneumatics are so complicated yet the tubes are
arranged so neatly.

The studless beams work better than the traditional beams for mechanical
linkage, as the studless beams, especially the half-wide ones, are less bulky.

On the other hand, I cannot help but feel the frame contruction to be a bit
contrived -- There seems to be an endless number of connectors, with a round
hole here facing this way and a cross hole these facing THAT way, etc. Is there
really a system with these connectors, or do the designers at Lego just keep
making things up?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang