 Technic / *12501 (-100)
  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

(...) As per the charter for the group MOC postings do not belong there: lugnet.announce– General-interest announcements to the community (breaking news about products, releases, contests, events, and sites, etc.); also, important LUGNET information (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Oh? By means of a court case, sure, but can they legally stop you before you even register the name? IE is there some sort of law in place to proactively prevent me from squatting a trademarked named site? I mean, sure, once Lego finds out (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) You're not using a standard character in the second case there, so I can't tell what you mean exactly, but I'm assuming you mean TM. The distinction isn't actually the one you're making; the full r-in-a-circle symbol means that the trademark (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Slight correction: You can't copyright names. However, they are covered by trademarks or service marks. The distinction is important, as they follow different rules than copyright does. (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Yes they can. It not only blatantly contains the word "LEGO" in the domain name, but it makes an untrue statement of sponsorship, thereby encouraging anyone who casually stumbles across the website to assume that TLC does actually sponsor that (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Legally, Lego can't necessarily stop someone else from getting the domain "ThisSiteIsSponsored...Lego.com". However, in some countries (US at least, I assume many others), Lego has a copyright to their name. So they could take it to court and (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

tobbe you are right but what about the words which just contain "lego" letters in polish there is a word "legowisko" which means "lair" if i name my site www.legowisko.com it is not really connected to TLC so this is the normal regular word of (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Soon we have a new internet provider. Than I have room enough to put my files on their server (no banners or pop-ups!). But that will take at least a month. Most anoying is that my page is linked from many other pages to (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) It's not a good idea to have the word lego in the domain name. See TLC's fair play policy: (URL) LEGO Trademark cannot be used in an Internet Address The LEGO trademark should not be incorporated into an Internet address. Internet addresses (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

hi dennis is it possible you would get this url (i mean www.legotrucks.com) maybe you would have it pixel "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEx7qp.MuM@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

This is cool too! :-) "Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> schreef in bericht news:HEwtEA.1Bp7@lugnet.com... (...) series (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: BioniWars: BatToa Droid

This is cool! "Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> schreef in bericht news:HEv2oI.1pvx@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  My site is down :-(

My website isn’t on-line anymore. About a year ago I hosted my html-files on Jan-Tore’s account (www.legotrucks.com). Today I saw there weren’t any visitors on my site. When I surfed to it I saw the domain name doesn’t exist anymore L I haven’t (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

This is easily one of the better MOCs in my BioniWars series, and if he hadn't turned out so well I probably wouldn't have ever expanded the series beyond the first few: (URL) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  BioniWars: BatToa Droid

Getting into the more meaty BioniWars MOCs, I present the BatToa Droid, loosely based on the TOA design. Very loosely. Shaft Windu would have fallen down laughing if he saw an army of these guys advancing on him... (URL) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) There might be a problem with stiction...ie, a certain amount of pressure necessary to overcome the internal friction of the rod in the cylinder. For more options and similar prices, see: (URL) might also have stiction problems tho... --Bram (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Its great! Like the beak and tail especially! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) may (...) to (...) Tobbe, I used the right up-down control stick (aileron) because the control is not that of a 'throttle' but it is a 'forward - stop - reverse' control. With the spring loaded center position, the crane is stopped. Irv (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) Bob, I am experienced with RC systems and have modified RC components to control Lego motors. (See: (URL) web page you mentioned that had techniques and instructions for converting the 'Micro Car' RC systems for use in a very light RC plane is (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) A winged creature, based on your (great!) design: (URL) the light weight and flexible cable, crafted from wires scavenged in a broken mouse... Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) Jennifer, Tobbe, Other interested 'Air Heads'; I have used Robart tubing and "T" couplers with the Lego pneumatic cylinders, valves, etc. The tubing is not quite as flexable as the Lego tubing but it works pretty well. The barbed "T"s are a (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) McMaster-Carr and several othe parts suppliers sell pneumatic air cylinders with a variety of strokes...from less than 1" to more than 12". The most suitable ones to LEGO application (AFAIK) that I found in the catalog are made from a wound (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) Interesting. The benefit is size and price, but the draw back is that you need several transmitters for more functions. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I'm going to be busy.

(...) Sounds like we'll have some Technic scale dioramas to drool at some day! Good luck with your project, and remember to fit a lot of functions to that pod racer! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) They need to be more bulky for starters but I think I know how to make one. It would be a nightmare to build one in 1:20 scale that does not leak too much though (at least for me without proper industrial tools). I won't try to explain how (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) I could't resist sharing this picture: (URL) V is a minifig scale walker! I'd have to take dramamine to prevent motion sickness if I were that minifig! LOL! (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HEtrzr.1EBt@lugnet.com... (...) they (...) While some are certainly single acting, double acting versions are available: (URL) are better examples than this kicking around, I found one a (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HEu38p.11v8@lugnet.com... (...) ok thanx kelvin as i said "cog" is good for me i was just curious best regards pixel (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  I'm going to be busy.

I have decided to try and make a technic scale pod racer. Its going to be a moc, and an offical pod racer from str wars. In case any one is wondering, i'm doing this becuase i picked up a few technic Pit Doids on sale for $2.00 each at walmart, and (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) Besides, Mario and Giulio Ferrari use the term in their book, so it is good enough for me :^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

i'm not an RC expert nor do i have much electronics experience, but has anyone ever thought about using the circuit from a zipzaps type micro rc car to make an RC lego brick? according to this page: (URL) you can safely hook up 4 AA batteries to the (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

Actually Dave I was thinking of modifying a cylinder by using the end caps and replacing the tube with a custom length and a rod/piston assembly to match. Replacing the connector on the end of the rod would be easy using a #1 angle connector that (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) So there is no system to "suck" it back in apart from ol' gravity? True they are almost always used to tip lorry beds and rise elevators and such. (...) I know, I'm actually old enough to own a few of them :) Thanks! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) It might be more difficult than you'd think. If you try to splice two tubes together you could very easily ruin the integrity of the internal seal (either by creating a bump where it'll catch or a void where it'll lose its seal), causing your (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes: (...) Opening the valve releases the oil and whatever force is pressing on the piston forces the oil out and back into the resovoir. The old pnumatic system worked by pumping the air out of the (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) I used it because it is commonly used here, and because it is short. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  COG shifter off topic

hi ppl are we using COG TLA cause we like TLAs or because we differ COG and centroid? btw i like TLAs so COG is cool pixel (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Yes, I know that. But the left stick is normaly the one that does not return to center when you let go of it, thus a normal one for throttel... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts

(...) Hm... If one could find a tube of the same diameter it would be easy to cut the original cylinders and insert some extra length. The stroke would still be limited so the piston needs lenghtening too, that might be harder with the new versions (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: Qui-Gon MatorJinn

Star Wars was the first LEGO theme that I really followed with a passion (mostly because I grew up on Star Wars), but Bionicle is currently my favorite. Like peanut butter and chocolate, it only made sense to mash them together, in a way that only (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) It would be an honor. (...) Sounds like a blast! All my walkers will fit in the same space as Jama..... :^) I can see it now, a LEGO remake of Saturday Night Live's "Bambi meets Godzilla" LOL! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Oh my, that's brilliant! dang! BF03 is gonna rock! Let's set up all our stuff together! Mechanical Mayhem begins! Aug 03. e (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Dang. Set all those loose at once and you'll have mayhem! :-) (...) Yep. Same here. Is anyone else intersted in a walker contest of sorts? Fastest, lightest, etc.? -TJ (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Sounds cool! I'm thinking about driving to BrickFest from Minnesota, so that I can take a bunch of pre-assembled MOCs with me. I should be able to take 3 RCX based walkers, 3 microscout based walkers, plenty of mini-motor based walkers (I only (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Cool. Thanks! I just noticed that you're registered for Brickfest this year. Me too! Hope to see you there. Perhaps there should be a walker contest at the 'fest :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building question

TJ's solution is the strongest I can think of, but if you don't have those uncommon parts, try a "corner bracket" made of 2 #6 (90 degree) connectors, 2 1 x 3 liftarms, 4 1/2 bushings, 2 3L axles and 2 5L axles. The configuration is left as an (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) TJ, If you rebuild your uCOG V using the new instructions (not much of a change), and you turn uCOG V around, your minifig should be able sit on uCOG V and go for a ride! I'll have to try that here. Kevin (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Yes. I have the same issue. I can envision a few non-LEGO solutions, including cable with more pliable wires, or hearing aid battery based batter pack, but I doubt I'll bother. (...) I "borrowed" the crankshaft, 16T, flex hose, 1/2 pin combo, (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Absolutely brilliant! I actually had to make one for myself: (URL) works great! It was a little tricky getting it to not fall down while managing the electric wires. It's so light that the wires make a noticeable effect on the walker's (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building question

(...) You could use one of these in the corner: (URL) perhaps one of these: (URL) connect it to the beams with black friction pegs. -TJ (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Hi Philo, Great minds think alike. I did the same last night. I've got one build with studs up, and a second with studs down. I'm going to update the building instructions, and post the DAT files as well. I figure it is a good example of the new (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HEJyus.3p1@lugnet.com... (...) thomb (...) I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you want to avoid this then don't use air tanks in the pneumatic circuit. A motor powered compressor (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Building question

I am building a larger building and am planning to use technic beams to create a post-and-beam frame. This is to strengthen the structure and to prvide support for floors as I am planning on doing an interior. My quesion is: Is it possible to join (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

...I forgot to tell you that I built mine using one top (2984) and one base (2985) micromotor caps instead of two tops, and it works well (useful since micromotor is/was supplied with one part of each type...) Philo (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Thanks Philo, I fixed the instructions. I'll have to try adding a head! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) Nice bridges!! (...) It might be possible. The truth is I've never been to this event and that's because I live in Holland. Bit far for me. So what do you exactly mean by 'ready'? Build the car and digitalised it? It also depends on how long (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Very nice walker, Kevin ! It seems to work better with a little more weight on top, I added a small head (with blue eyes ;o) and it balances better. Building instructions are missing the 1/2 lengh pin and tube creating the cam with 16 tooth gear... (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I'm pleased to announce my latest tiny weght shifting walker uCOG V. Here are a few pictures: (URL) building instructions: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Wheels, Tyres and Tractions

Hi all, You will find here: (URL) results of a few experiments on pulling power of different Lego® wheels and tracks. Enjoy! Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What sets is this motor used in?

(...) Yes, it did. hanks a lot! Peeron does not state a number. Could it be that the battery cover's number should do the job? Then Peeron schould be updated! Reg. (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What sets is this motor used in?

(...) Hi Matthias, The motor you describe can be found in these sets: (URL) there are more sets which include this motor, but the ones listed above include one for sure! And most of these sets are still available through retail stores. Probably is (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG IV

(...) James, By all means Might Mite 2's foot clearance is enough. Sorriy if it sounded like I said that. I'm still amazed at how small a COG shifter you made. It is a thing of beauty. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG IV

(...) - Kevin, I'm glad you were inspired by my little walkers. This one is pretty cool. It reminds me of a little toddler =) I saw uCOG III a couple days ago(those 24-tooth gears sure come in handy as cams) and thought it looked nice. You're right (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG IV

I forgot to mention that given uCOG IV weighs so little, the torsional and bending resistance of the cable has a huge effect on walking. I'm motivated to make a micro-battery pack, with six hearing aid batteries.... :^) Kevin (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  uCOG IV

James, I've been extremely inspired by your tiny weight shifters. I knew that my original attempts were going to be bested, but I hand't gotten inspiration to make them smaller. I actually finished up a uCOG III that had smaller feet than uCOG II, (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: THEY ARE HERE (Inventor Sets Too!)

(...) Just noticed the Inventor Sets are available now too! (although looks like just USA and Canada right now) (URL) posted to .technic because I think the Inventor line fits in there. -Paul (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Rosco, It may take a while. There are still many Lego parts to buy. I'll update the photos on the web page as construction progresses. Thanks for your comments. Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) one? (...) Tobbe, You can assign any function to any channel. I fly RC Stunt planes so that may have swayed my choice. Irv (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 8448 Web Instructions?

(...) I've Emailed you about this Steve -Orion (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8448 Web Instructions?

Back in 1999, when the 8448 Super Street Sensation came out, there were 4 extra models that were featured in the set's instruction manual, but not fully 'documented'. I seem to remember that there were web-based instructions for these models, (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two tiny COG-shifting walkers

These are so slick! Really. I just love em'. e (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Custom Pneumatic Parts

Hi everyone, I was just curious if anybody had ever tried to make any custom length cylinders that were functional with the Lego pneumatics. I was thinking about it the other day and it seems like it shouldn't be that difficult. Greg (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

"Nathanael Kuipers" <kuipers_n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEL3wG.16nB@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) It would be quite a while. Right now, I'm putting in my time (and money) into my next bridge project- Study 12. Last year's midsummer (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Design Programs

(...) I'm awaitng the stand alone application that also produces .dat-files and orders Eric Sophies Jama to actually build it. Of course the application has to work on multiple platforms. :) /Tobbe (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Two tiny COG-shifting walkers

(...) going to have to build those sometime soon. They look too cool. Hopefully my cats won't try to eat them :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Design Programs

(...) Thanks for the good suggestions. I should've locked the cells a long time ago. I've even entered numbers in to cells containing equations. I'm glad there's an undo command :-) (...) have Excel. If not, I'll show you how the formulas work and (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Two tiny COG-shifting walkers

Way to go James! Your dynamic duo are the smallest COG-shifters yet! Kevin <snip> (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Switch on Battery box

(...) It should be spring loaded and pop-up nicely. It sounds like you have a broken one, try to see if there is any traces of damage or likewise around the button region. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Son of Walker

(...) It would appear that I credited the wrong person for the first tiny COG:er... (URL) answers your question. Huge feet indeed it has, looking forward to next version! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Design Programs

(...) Wow! Very useful! Sorry for the late reply, I've missed your post. But I highlighted it to possible help others who missed it and because I think it's worth it. I only tinkered with it a little, but it seems pretty straight forward (at least (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Switch on Battery box

Tobbe Arnesson <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HEInyJ.56E@lugnet.com... (...) use, I (...) have to (...) you (...) lift (...) some (...) This does not work all the time, mostly I need a nail _under_ it to to force it up. This is the worst (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two tiny COG-shifting walkers

(...) It was bound to happen, sooner or later. Amazing! Any chance of videos? I still have to build a COG-shifter... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Hey cool! Jennifer must be proud (I know I would). Is there any reason you used the right stick for drive instead of the left one? It would feel wrong for me at least. And it's nice to see someone else post photos of an RC switch in a LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) DOH! Now I'm really embaressed :) Why didn't I think of that? It's so obviuos! And I've always been the black sheap of the family, prefering RC cars before planes (never owned a electric one though)... *sigh* (...) I have to research this (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat - Official Pictures

The fruits of my labour. This is my greatest Triumph thus far in my long history of Lego Building and as a Robot/Mecha builder. (URL) plan to write up a rather lengthy Tech Document regarding its functionality. Although not set in stone yet, I plan (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Two tiny COG-shifting walkers

The Dynamic Duo! Presenting two tiny COG-shifting walkers, Runt and Mighty-Mite. There are two versions of each: Runt MX uses the technic mini-motor, and Runt FX uses the older-style flat motor; meanwhile, Mighty-Mite uses a micromotor and has (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Hi Irv, looking forward to seeing this one completed! Of course it'd be even better if I got a chance to play with it..... ROSCO (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) This could indeed be a very interesting project. Certainly I've some ideas about it and the 8466 could be a very good start to build such a Wrecker. But why not give it a try yourself? One reason why I build my cars is to show to others what (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) how (...) ideal (...) using (...) Tobbe, Your comments are right on. The way the servo card controls the Lego motor is as you described except that the circuit has so much "gain" that the motor is almost full ON when the stick is on either (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

(...) much (...) Or, at least, the room is not where it's is needed :-) (...) except the mast inclination cylinders, which are usually placed on the top of the roof cabin. The mast design letf me only this height. (...) thomb (...) Yes, as pixel (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) How does the motor behave? I'm no electronics expert but I think I followed your description. The best way for a system like this would be: 1) The stick on the transmitter is in it's center position = the LEGO motor is shut off. 2) The stick (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roade

(...) The 8880'ies 4x4 parts are limited to it's wheels and have a lot of friction. The 8466 4x4 parts can be adapted to any wheel in modelteam size and up. I own neither :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

(...) This is probably the best fork lift I've seen made in LEGO. It sure put's LEGOs own version to shame! I like how you managed to fit every function in there, it's not *that* much room. You caught the looks of Lindé trucks well too! And the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Just an old one: Scania R143E

(...) That's a lot of 24x34 wheels! Everything is well done and detailed, as usual. Do you have any details on the funcions? I noticed some pneumatic lines, but it's not apparent what cylinders they operate and what the cylinders do. How does the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

I have just posted the preliminary web page showing my version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1. All functions are radio controlled using modified RC servo cards to drive the Lego motors directly from the RC receiver. The web page is: (URL) and (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Just an old one: Scania R143E

(...) Nice Dennis! It's a very good model, although I can't make out much detail. It would be cool to see how much your building skills have improved over the last six years, I'd bet a ton! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Switch on Battery box

(...) Actually, you don't have to push the button when turning it off, I have some spine-taught method of dragging the button backwards with my nail. And my experience is that you don't have to push hard on the button to lock it into place either. (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New 2003 Technic sets on S@H

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell writes: <<snipp>> (...) I'm afraid you're correct. Never thought about shelfspace. (...) Not exactly, but they will do for now. Someday I hope to have collected all Model Team sets. See them here: (URL) "Advanced (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) I have posted the web page that explains how Radio Control Systems work and how to modify a radio control servo to drive Lego motors. The web page is: (URL) and comments are welcome. Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact