 Technic / 10341
Re: Building question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:27:52 GMT

TJ's solution is the strongest I can think of, but if you don't have those
uncommon parts, try a "corner bracket" made of
2 #6 (90 degree) connectors,
2 1 x 3 liftarms,
4 1/2 bushings,
2 3L axles and
2 5L axles.

The configuration is left as an exericise to the reader (IOW, I'm too lazy to
take and post a pic :) )

    - -
TJ Avery wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Lester Witter writes:

I am building a larger building and am planning to use technic beams to create
a post-and-beam frame. This is to strengthen the structure and to prvide
support for floors as I am planning on doing an interior.

My quesion is:

Is it possible to join to technic beams a right angles to create a rectangle
that is only one brick high?

You could use one of these in the corner:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=40344

or perhaps one of these:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=32555

and connect it to the beams with black friction pegs.

-TJ