 Technic / 10289
Re: New 2003 Technic sets on S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:04:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell writes:

<<snipp>>

    With the brisk sales enjoyed by the Star Wars, Bionicle, and Harry
Potter lines, most store chains won't want to buy massive sets that won't
have a quick turnaround, since the shelfspace they'd need to devote to
displaying one $100 set that they might sell one or two of in a single year
could be put to use selling a hundred smaller sets in the $10 or less range
during that same period of time.  If they can make $50 per set on two sets,
or $5 per set on 100 sets, which do you think they're going to order?  If
stores won't order the larger sets, which do you think TLC will make?

I'm afraid you're correct. Never thought about shelfspace.

Or perhaps it is, maybee I want Model Team? *think* Yep! That's what I want!

    You mean "Advanced Designer"?  That's the official name for the more
detailed vehicle groups coming out this year.

Not exactly, but they will do for now. Someday I hope to have collected all
Model Team sets. See them here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/modelteam

The "Advanced Designer" sets don't seem to reach up to that level of detail I'm
afraid.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu