 Technic / 10222
Re: New 2003 Technic sets on S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:20:06 GMT

Have to take a new standing acording to what I said about the new Technic
sets.
I have bought one 8451 and one 8453, they actually have lots of details even
if they are small size. They look very nice actually. But I still think they
have to few parts to be a good Technic set. And the lack of bricks with
studs was a bit strange, the only studs that I could find was on the round
pieces that are on the steering knob with one 2x2 round plate, 2x2 round
brick and 2x2 round plate with smooth and curved underside (part 2654).
But I will buy more of the 8451 set.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
One thing I'm thinking of is why bother buying those small Technic sets?

The price per piece is unusually low and they have some new pieces (to me) • and
they are yellow :)

Parents should be more likely to buy these sets to their kids, I never • recieved
any of the bigger sets when I was a child.

What I want is a few big Technic sets again. Like the 8466 or in that • size.

I want more sets like <set:8480> but that's not likely to happen.

I know that not all have enough money to buy those big sets and have to • deal
with the small sets like 8451, 8441 and 8453. The only set off those I • could
consider buying is the 8451, infact maybe I buy 4-5 pcs of them....

My point is that I think those sets ar a bit too small. I want to se more • of
sets in size of 8451+8441 in the number of bricks.

They are comming, big Technic sets always arrive in June/July. Patience my
friend!

But those three sets are a good beginning of getting good Technic sets on
the marked again...

I disagree. Not a single stud is not my idea of good Technic. Or perhaps • it is,
maybee I want Model Team? *think* Yep! That's what I want!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)