 Model Team / 955
Re: My site is down :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 12:22:39 GMT

Soon we have a new internet provider. Than I have room enough to put my
files on their server (no banners or pop-ups!). But that will take at least
a month.

Most anoying is that my page is linked from many other pages to
www.legotrucks.com/dennisbosman/legotrucks.html (also in search engines)

Now the link is dead it will take some time before all linkages are updated
with the new URL :-(

Fortunate I linked the v3-component (fly.to/bosman) to my old Geocities
account :-) That's still active.

Dennis

ps. It legotrucks.html according to the fair policy (haven't red it yet,
because I'm too busy now).

In lugnet.modelteam, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Paul Kleniewski writes:
hi dennis

is it possible you would get this url (i mean www.legotrucks.com)
maybe you would have it

It's not a good idea to have the word lego in the domain name. See TLC's fair
play policy:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp

"The LEGO Trademark cannot be used in an Internet Address
The LEGO trademark should not be incorporated into an Internet address.
Internet addresses have become useful tools for people to identify the source
of a homepage. Using "LEGO" in the domain name would be creating the misleading
impression that the LEGO Group sponsored the homepage. "

The domainname is either lego.org, xyzlegoxyz.net, xyzlego.com, legoxyz.com or
lego.xyz.com. So a folder on the server can be named LEGO, e.g.
www.xyz.com/lego/.

Anything between the http:// and the first '/' is part of the domain name, that
is the part that needs translation of a DNS-server.

The URL on the other hand is the complete path to a file or folder on a server,
e.g. http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp

Jan-Tore should be in the process of moving, perhaps this has something to do
with his domain disapearing? It could also be that TLC asked him to take it
down.

I hope Dennis finds a new server soon (preferable one without banners and
pop-ups).

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu