 Publishing / HTML / 291
Re: My site is down :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:35:32 GMT

Moved thread to lugnet.publish.html

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:
Soon we have a new internet provider. Than I have room enough to put my
files on their server (no banners or pop-ups!). But that will take at least
a month.

Sounds teriffic!

Most anoying is that my page is linked from many other pages to
www.legotrucks.com/dennisbosman/legotrucks.html (also in search engines)

Now the link is dead it will take some time before all linkages are updated
with the new URL :-(

That's Internet :)

I killed arnesson.nu seven months ago and asked ppl. to update their bookmarks
and links but there's still more who link to arnesson.nu then to lotek.nu.

Here's a list according to Google (TJ's on top of things :-) ):
http://www.google.com/search?as_lq=www.arnesson.nu%2Flotek&btnG=Search

The same search but for www.lotek.nu returns nothing.

Fortunate I linked the v3-component (fly.to/bosman) to my old Geocities
account :-) That's still active.

Dennis

ps. It legotrucks.html according to the fair policy (haven't red it yet,
because I'm too busy now).

Yes.

The bit about domain names was quoted in my post.

Still, you might want to consider using the name index.html instead, that way
it will be opened when someone visits the folder, in your old account it would
look like: www.legotrucks.com/dennisbosman/

If you don't use index.html for something else of course :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)