 Off-Topic / Geek / 4311
Re: My site is down :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 01:43:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Yes, but ppl. could get the impression Dennis works for LEGO and/or get's the
models from there etc.. Of course Dennis's models is far superior then what >TLC releases to the market, but I don't think they want to answer questions >about his models.

     Exactly.  I've lost track of the number of times kids have written
e-mail asking how to buy stuff from MaskofDestiny.com.  Sometimes it's
official products that I've photographed at Toy Fair or reviewed, other
times it's official stuff that's not sold at general retail, and every once
in a while it's in reference to my MOCs.  And we don't use the word "LEGO"
anywhere in our URL.  If kids can get confused in a situation that follows
the FUP, how much more easily do you think they'll be confused if we had
registered www.bionicle.lego.com as our domain name?  And when kids get
confused, parents react according to that confusion more often than they
actually do the research to figure out if they've made a mistake or not.