 Off-Topic / Geek / 4310
Re: My site is down :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Paul Kleniewski writes:
thanx to all
i think this subject will still excite ppl
as i'm relatively new :)) here i was curious about this

i assube you will say i'm boring
but if TLC has lawyers good enough
they could force "all" lego funs to shut their fun sites
because they use magic word
because MyLegoFunSite has to be "connected" to lego because it's connected to lego
and if i want to ppl to find my site i've got to use magic word "LEGO" :)

Yes, but TLC don't want it's fans to turn away from them so they will never
hunt down all of us who have LEGO content on our websites. Most of us have a
disclaimer telling visitors it's not sponsored by TLC anyway (as wanted by TLC
in their fairplay document).

i assum owner of LegoTrucks site is fair lego user
and will not adv ie clones on his site
so i think all is in courts hands
because it's defferent to use
www.MyLegoFunSite.com or www.LegoIsMyBestToy.com
and
www.LegoIsStupid.com

Yes, but ppl. could get the impression Dennis works for LEGO and/or get's the
models from there etc.. Of course Dennis's models is far superior then what TLC
releases to the market, but I don't think they want to answer questions about
his models.

ok
let's say the fair play document is just enough for me
and i'll not register www.legowisko.com site :)))

but the subject will probably never die

Of course it wont. There will always be someone who registers a lego domain
name, and there will always be someone who corrects him and this conversation
will repeat itself over and over again.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu