 Technic / *10601 (-100)
  Re: The "return" of Town in 2003

(...) That tractor was by a long way my favourite of the first Technical sets. I loved the fact that you could build three different tools for the back and I remember using my Britains farm toys (they used to sell very well so there certainly was a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) After looking at the pix, I wonder how much heat stress has been applied? If your work space were very warm, or you left the assembly in the sun, or something like that.... I have been working with the Technic pieces since their inception and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) Thanks a lot, M. Moolhuysen There`s something curious: the cracks that appeared in my Technic Bush #3713 are not in line but perpendicular to the slot. My fear is that all of those cracked pieces would be unusable (If so, I wouldn't be able to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.co, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) A question for all: Is 5 years too old??? My first lego was bought ending 1997 and I stopped buying in 1999, when no good sets were arriving to Colombia... and because they are too expensive here too. I never leave a model more than 2 months (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) What do you mean? bend it to the opposite side with my hands? I'll try it, thanks. (...) Nope... none of my lego has been on open sunlight.... they prefer to be enclosed in dark boxes (once they stayed there for about 18 months)... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) [snap] This is not a new problem. There are several parts that used to crack relatively easy. Among these are the ones shown on your picture: Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular (URL) Connector Toggle Joint Toothed (URL) prone to this problem (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H69yzJ.2or@lugnet.com... (...) Tempo (...) Prix (...) for (...) to (...) model. For (...) moves (...) the car (...) build." (...) The translation is good, but the source page is not (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) Well, I have similar experience, and my opinion is it's because of age. My oldest parts did the same and I didn't do anything wrong to them (I mean things like lot of load, stress or anything) All I did was I built a model and than I left it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) I just want to agree. If you can, try to find as much pictures as you can, auto magazines are quite good source, car retailers sometimes offer quite exact sketche (It of course won't help if you're trying to build 1912 bugatti or military (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

hi axles can be unbent some of mine were bent now they are not :) you can do it in hands but carefully and about joiners didn't you set your model on open sun light, did you my legoland bricks especialy small parts break more easly than before they (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) He did not, look here: (URL) and _dirty_ translation (I don't speak Norwegian): "Il Tempo Gigante built in LEGO The professional LEGO builder Jesper Nielsen has made a prototype of Il Tempo Gigante in bricks Since he was a boy, Jesper Nielsen (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: it's a Lego Jeep thing

Copy to: lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam Follow up to: lugnet.modelteam Spotlighted!! (...) <message left intact for new viewers> MAN! That is amazing! I love the details, especially the clever petrol can design! Wow wow wow. One thing that I'd (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) Hm... That's a first AFAIK. Seems you put too much stress on your parts. Remember that it's plastic and a toy and can't handle whatever you throw at them. The axles seems to be bending due to side force and the other parts due to twisting. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of K.I.T.T.

My dream is making K.I.T.T. (Pontiac TransAm) from Knight Rider in various scales. For example 6 wide car, 1/18 scale and Technic Supercar 8880 scale. Wouldn't it be cool ?! Michael (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) Where did you get all those gold pieces? - David (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

Hi all I was building the sports car I announced some time ago (If you don´t remember, check (URL) )when I saw some perpendicular axle joiners were splitting. Check it yourselves: (URL) file too heavy, 115KB... a less detailed version is at (URL) ) (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

Ok, now I've found some sites that have pictures of the actual car I want to build a model of. Here you can see some pictures from when they constructed the car: (URL) you can see some details from the car: (URL) you all see on the pictures, the car (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: a few 8431 & general pneumatics questions

(...) Verify with the inventory here: (URL)What are the extra parts for? (the alternate model?) Most Technic models come with an alternative model and sometimes it uses parts not used in the main model. My suggestion is build that one too. According (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro Scout and Pneumatics Switch Internals

(...) switch less stiff? Best, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) Like Bram said, choose wheels first so you have the scale. Then if it's a more Technic then Modelteam car build the chassis as small as possible and a layer of details as the last thing you do. Sometimes you've already decided on scale (1:20 (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new moc

(...) the 1/4-panels from the 7106 Droid Escape as seen here: (URL) been looking for the panels when shopping and due to me not using BrickLink I have not found any yet. There is a bunch in the 10016 Tanker but they're in white. (URL) someone beats (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A Really Cool MOC - Air Powered Air Propelled

(...) /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: how do I look after my pneumatic parts?

(...) I suppose keeping the cylinders retracted is a good idea and also to work them in/out a few times on a regular basis to keep 'em lubricated and smooth. (...) Put a lid on it :-) Best, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) Hey! That's a really cool function not seen in a modelteam MOC before AFAIK! (...) I've been considering building a trailer of some sort when mind-planning a few MOC's in order to fit all stuff and still be able to remote control the MOC. Your (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  new moc

hi! is my moc the first roller on the lego world? i found this: (URL) job jonathan here is the alternative model "steam roller" :) (URL) here is my application of roller (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Making a model of an real life car

(...) First, pick which wheels you want to use. Since LEGO has a limited number of wheels to choose from, the wheels you pick will set the scale for your model. Next, I try to find an exact side view of the car. Front, back, and top views also help (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: A Really Cool MOC - Air Powered Air Propelled

This thing is ABSOLUTELY super cool. Indeed a challenge to beat. Will probebly run a few inches more with the slick tires from set 8422. Hm, also eye-catching color-scheme :-) Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: technic turntable mould difference

(...) I haven't taken pictures yet - from the question I understand he maintains the list of parts for bricklink / lugnet ? What is the emailaddress ? Mark-Jan (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Making a model of an real life car

Hello, I've never tried this before, so could anyone give me some tip about making a scale model in Lego of an actual car? I have pictures, movies, games, and lots of other info about the car, but don't know where to start and what I have to look (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

Sent the pictures to Clark Corner yet? Duq "Mark-Jan Bastian" <markjan@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:H67DIo.84u@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  technic turntable mould difference

Hello, I'm building a very solid turntable base, and found a problem with one of the turntables I bought via bricklink. All the turntables I have used to have little dents at the base, also at the side which has the three bottom mounting holes. But, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) I will do. Dennis (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  A Really Cool MOC - Air Powered Air Propelled

Hey fellas, Here's a really cool MOC, literally: (URL) by fellow engine-building fanatic, Paul Krieg, whose creations are amazing to say the least. It's the first of a new class of vehicles - an APAPV for sure. We could organise a competition for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) Hi Dennis, This model, built in collaboration with my frien Fabio Sali is fully operational as you specified, but naturally, due to the weigh (4/4,2 Kg) there's a problem .. it's very slow. Thank to Fabio suspension setup, and a good downgear (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) Or 4 hand pumps, like I used to power my v4 engine: (URL) H Nielsen (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RIS 1.5 £85 at UK S@H

"William Howard" <william@howard-fami...rld.co.uk> wrote in message news:NFBBICINOLKHMIO...d.co.uk... (...) Phew! Thought for a minute I'd missed this one. Persistence paid off though. When you call Shop @ Home they will tell you they don't have any (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Electric pneumatic valve?

(...) Nice. Costs $35 (US?) Where can we get them? (...) aren't all of us? (...) same here. (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

A few years back i was showing my platform arm )now defunct) to a friend of mine in engineering,and while talking about degrees of freedom and he said something about half a degree of freedom. I have done some research and have founf nothing on this (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  how do I look after my pneumatic parts?

Is there anything special I need to do? In particular I have noticed that the hoses seem to attract dust, hairs and so on, what should I do about that? (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric pneumatic valve?

look this (URL) beautiful im looking for a eletric pneumatic valve too (solenoid) in Brasil is very hard to find mini pneumatic valves Cristiano Freitas -----Mensagem Original----- De: "Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> Para: (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric pneumatic valve?

(...) Try this: (URL) Otherwise I have an idea in my head right now about how to make one :) (...) Ignore the previous link and just go right ahead. The wheel has been reinvented many times! (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  RIS 1.5 £85 at UK S@H

Under web specials, call for availibility William (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Electric pneumatic valve?

Does anybody know if there are some electrical controlled pneumatic valves (magnetic valves) aviable for Lego that can be controlled trough a RCX unit (9v DC)? Otherwise I have an idea in my head right now about how to make one :) Just want to be (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

All this talk of articulation points reminds me of an actual splined robot. Basically, it was a series of convex circles through which ran a series of wires, with a space in the middle for a spray hose or pressure cleaning equipment to pass through. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) Now, how did that happen? (...) Sure thing, another notch for the mini-pump compressors! (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) Er, it's hard to tell just by looking at the picture. Besides it's kinda dark and blurry. I see a lot of gears (linking the two motors?) and can just make out the 4 small pumps. How about separating the two motors so you get two independent (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

Hi guys, You all missed this page about a year ago, I presume. My double stroke compressor, with build-in 9V power-supply and automatic on-off switch. When used in combination with an airtank, it stops pumping when your desired max. pressure is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com> wrote in message news:H5yxEp.CM4@lugnet.com... (...) Do I (...) with (...) supposed (...) it (...) it (...) I (...) Ok. So since I only going for 2 in the crane (maybe 3 for strength) and one on the tipper (or (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

Hi, I have downloaded the instructions for the “8458 Street Sensation” from someone who was able to get it from Lego’s "Web Extra" site and arrange it in HTML format. Unfortunately, this site does not exist anymore. The zipped file is ~2.2M, let me (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2 part substitution questions

(...) Yes. They use different mechanisms to connect to flex cables but are the same size and everything. (slightly different shape, but it should not matter) (...) They are exactly the same shape, so yes, you should be able to interchange them with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) couple of years ago and used to think that the large one was the only option. (the 8868 Airtech Claw Rig was not properly advertised in the US and I didn't hear about it until 2000) However, there is a pack of two available on the Dacta (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

(...) I think it really depends on how many pneumatic functions (valves) you are planning to put in. If you have three or less, you can usually get away with a standard handpump, but for more than that a compressor is a good idea. I will have six (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) I understand why compressors using large pumps are still around - many people simply don't have the little ones. Whereas they are likely to own the large pump which comes along with the Technic pneumatics sets (except 8868 which includes a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Exactly. Another way to look at DOF is that it is the number of things that have to be specified to define a particular configuration of the system. In other words how many RCX outputs does it take to drive. Another thing to keep in mind is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: a few 8431 & general pneumatics questions

(...) Most lego sets have a few extra parts when you are done building the main model. (...) More than likely. Lego also includes extras of some of the smaller parts on a regular basis so if you loose lets say a technic peg, you can still build the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  2 part substitution questions

1.is it possible to substitute the new type flex system connectors for the old type? and 2.does anyone know a good current substitute for the Tyre 20 x 30 Balloon Solid from set 8074? Will the Tyre 20 x 30 Balloon Medium be a sutable substitute? (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  a few 8431 & general pneumatics questions

1.I bought an 8431 pnematic crane and after building it, I have the folowing pieces left: 1 pneumatic valve some grey & some dk grey pnematic hose 1 1x4 plate in black 1 1x3 plate in yellow 1 pneumatic T-piece 2 1x3 liftarms in grey plus the usual (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com> wrote in message news:H5xz41.5IL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) out (...) I dont have the Silver Champion (yet, but planing to buy), but I found the scanned instruction on the web. And in the back of the instruction (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

(...) This looks like the Street Sensation alternate model for the 8458 Silver Champion. The set only comes with instructions for the Silver Champion and the Silver Truck; the Street Sensation can be built from a set of online instructions on the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

Hello Avi Parvin This instruction book you see is made by himself. He used solid works to make every piece and every picture. He didn't know of the existance of mlcad then. Greetings Maico Arts "Avi Parvin" <parvin@netvision.net.il> schreef in (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Unknown Instruction Book

Can anybody tell me which instruction book is under the fabulous car in the pictures below? (URL) in advance, Avi Parvin (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Here I go, tossing my 2 cents in to the fray: I would say that any differential drive on a flat surface has 3 DOF: -Assume it drives along the X axis (thats 1) -it can rotate around the Z axis (2 now) -once it rotates it can drive along the y (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

Andrea, Excellent model! Nice to see someone else also constructed a mixer truck. Seems that your model is fully operational. Did you have to cope come difficulties with the drumm? (shape, connection, motorization etc.). I'm curious to your next (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

"Jeff Ranjo" <THRAXISjr@aol.com> wrote in message news:H5x1p4.L9z@lugnet.com... (...) Well is it supposed to be green? I liked it because of the design. Micronaut? Umm Transformer reference, right? -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

(...) Aww. C'mon Nicole. You can at least say that it should be green on the back and not light blue!! BTW have you gotten any Micronaut action! ;-) jeff (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

"Jeff Ranjo" <THRAXISjr@aol.com> wrote in message news:H5wz6x.GuA@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, not much more to say. Again Wow. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

I saw Miyazaki's masterpiece "Spirited Away" a couple of months ago and was inspired to build a dragon. So here it is: (URL) like how the Toa and Bohrok foot came together nicely to form the mouth without too much effort. And the red flag was (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

  Re: articulation points?

The main reason it would make sense to quote the total DOF is that is determines the volume the arm needs or is able to work in. For example imagine a snake-bot with a dozen 2 DOF joints. It can reach around objects to position it's effector. So it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

i never really gave it a thought about the hand not having rotation of its own accord, but rather gets it from the elbow. that solves a huge problem i'm having with my mech. you see, i'm having difficulty with my mech holding his weapon because it's (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) I think you've hit the nail on the head here Eric. To me, the most logical way of looking at a robot arm would be from the point of view of the end effector, i.e. what it can and cannot do. The way the arm moves to get there may be of less (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Very interesting thread. A bit OT (and picky ;) mabye, but about the human arm: If you examine your arm closley you'll find that the rotation of the hand actualy comes from the elbow witch rotates the under arm. The wrist only actes as a dual (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

Not to be a goof, but, OMG! Bram is Crazy Smart! I gotta go a take some more vitamins and drink Carrot Juice! Ahhh! I see the concept much the same, I figure if we refer to a POA in a Mecha model as the counting scheme, we won't get alot of run away (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) It seems so, Jenifer has brought to light that the two don't always correspond, and or there can be differences. It's pretty interesting, although I never really thought about it seriously before, I just build stuff. ;) (...) Well, more so (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

o.k. so let me get this right: poa doesn't necessarily dictate dof. poa refers to the axes a given object can rotate around, but dof refers to the limitations (or lack thereof) in space a given object can move around in. according to eric, i may use (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: articulation points?

(...) However, a device is made up of several objects. Each component, if treated separately, has six degrees of freedom. Thus each component of, for example, the human arm (reduced to an upper arm, lower arm, and hand) has 6 DOF, for a total of 18. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Oh? Hmmm...do tell. (...) Right! I see. In my own way I work around certain "movements" or joints by making two separete joints cover the same envelope or Area or Control. I mean in that, for example. The Arms of my Super Mech-Bot don't have (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Pedant's corner: This reminds me of an argument I've had several times, and to be honest have yet to come to a definitive answer. The maximum number of degrees of freedom an object can have in three dimensional space is six; translation in the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some photos....without B-) #4483 AT-AT 2003!!!

(...) Thanks Kotaro, Duh! I now remember I did see this highlighted thread and deliberately decided to ignore it because I didn't want to ruin all of the surprises I'd find in the 2003 shop@home catalog. My memory must be going... By the way, did (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Truck project

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com> wrote in message news:H5sFIz.5qC@lugnet.com... (...) I won't say that mine is superior to your design. It looks like you got in nice and compact. And you got a few steps further in the construction than I have done (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com> wrote in message news:H5sFIz.5qC@lugnet.com... (...) I have no idea :-D That the beuty of Lego I think. You can build whaterver you want, it do not have to look like something as long as you having fun building it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

"jan-tore" <jan-tore@legotrucks.com> wrote in message news:H5rBIB.7Cw@lugnet.com... (...) use (...) What do you mean? "make it longer" ? Make the workinglength of the pnaumatic sylinder longer? Two sylinders after each other? I dont need to make it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:H5s4qJ.L2r@lugnet.com... (...) try (...) last (...) on (...) system (...) hi thx i'm looking for some new solutions coz i did some mistakes there :( ie: - main drive shaft isn't straight (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some photos....without B-) #4483 AT-AT 2003!!!

(...) Hi Paul. (URL) thread may be useful for you, train-head ;^) But, BIONICLE sets are scoops, and we've never seen such a many variant models on CREATOR. (...) These sets are titled "Designer Series" as one of CREATOR theme. (...) Sure. Left Top (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Truck project

(...) If you check out Jen's Skip Truck (URL) there's a good explanation of the geometry involved. However I tend to just go with approximating the ratios in proportion to the distance from the fixed axle, (or centre between them if more than 1). (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some photos....without B-) #4483 AT-AT 2003!!!

(...) (URL) guys, Is it just me or is this stuff we haven't seen before? Maybe I've had my head down in the trains group for too long, but there are some things here I'm not familiar with: #4099 Who are these mech-ish looking guys? (URL) Looks like (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

(...) I think Soh's previous tests showed that motorizing the large hand "pumps" (compressors) provided no extra benefit over the small pumps. This new test by Charles Steadman (excellent work, BTW) shows that motorizing two large hand pumps can be (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  8094 UCC model upgrades

I decided to take a break from my main Technic project yesterday and messed around a bit with the models from the 8094 Control Center. I only have one 8094 set but it seems that most of the specialized pieces are used by only one or two models, and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

Looks like everyone is making custom trucks. :) Your design so far looks great and quite superior to mine; I like the differential assembly used in the front, as it seems that it would save a few studs of space between the wheels. Are those the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

This is probably my favorite Lego-related website out there. :) Great article there too; I need to try that pressure test sometime. So are the handpumps or the minipumps generally better for compressors? I am currently building a model which uses a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

looks very interresting!! I liked the sulution for the crane, and how to fold it together. You can use 2 cylinders to make it longer. I cam mail you a hint later today. Will have to make a picture first! regards "Øyvind Steinnes" (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Some photos....without B-) #4483 AT-AT 2003!!!

Hello, guys. Here are some photographs taken by anonymity at last JAPAN-FAN-EVENT. (URL) "FAN DAY" banner) From the reason I mentioned before, there is NO AT-AT. NO HELLFIRE-DROID. I confirmed he has no photos about above sets, So DO NOT bother(send (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Truck project

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:H5rw83.M5F@lugnet.com... (...) Nice truck! I'm not going to build that big crane. Just a small one. Is there suspension on any wheels? And It looks like you got steering on the wheels in both (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truck project

hi what a circumstance :)) this is the first version of my nu moc truck (URL) new version is in progress will be smaller and will have a little bit more functionality br pixel (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Truck project

Ok, now it is starting to look like something... Somebody would probably disagree that this is a truck since it is not constructed like most trucks are made. This is a free fantasy creation of a truck like I want to make it :) (so there, now you can (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Broken Motor

Might help someone... One of my motors suddenly stopped working. After opening, I located a bad solder connection: (URL) is fine now after resoldering the wire... Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  On LEGO Compressors & Pump Testing

Hi people, The Pneumatics page has settled nicely at it's new location in Oz-land with no more of those pesky ad windows. And with no bandwidth restrictions it can be updated as often as one likes. For instance, it's just been updated with a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - Mission 7 Hip Fit Check

Wow. As always, impressive. I love watching Jamocklaquat grow :) -Anne (...) -- Time for new haiku: (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. Lacking inspiration, I >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. waste this space again. -Tina Bird (v_," ; `,-\ ; : ; \/,-~) \ stripes at (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Another cement mixer......

Hi lego fans, I presented this model in Legoworld 2002, then after a little restailing in some estetics particular, I show you the result. The model is a Mercedes Actros 4143 cement mixer, in techinc figure scale ( about 1:21/22) equiped by RCX and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission 7 Hip Fit Check

Mission 7 Hip Fit Check (URL) reinstall Spine Spin. (URL) to "Din Din" my Cat. e (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) And here are some more pictures and info:(URL) Bosman (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact