 Technic / 8495
Re: 2 part substitution questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:
1.is it possible to substitute the new type flex system connectors for the
old type?

Yes. They use different mechanisms to connect to flex cables but are the
same size and everything. (slightly different shape, but it should not matter)

and 2.does anyone know a good current substitute for the Tyre 20 x 30
Balloon Solid from set 8074?
Will the Tyre 20 x 30 Balloon Medium be a sutable substitute?

They are exactly the same shape, so yes, you should be able to interchange
them with no problem. The main difference is that the old ones look a bit
glossy compared to the new type, so I wouldn't recommend using both types on
the same model, but you can certainly switch one type for another. The
8431/8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck (which I think you just got) comes with the
new type.

-Gaurav