 Technic / 8525
Re: Making a model of an real life car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:38:28 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
Hello,

I've never tried this before, so could anyone give me some tip about making
a scale model in Lego of an actual car?

Like Bram said, choose wheels first so you have the scale. Then if it's a more
Technic then Modelteam car build the chassis as small as possible and a layer
of details as the last thing you do.

Sometimes you've already decided on scale (1:20 for Technic) and have a limited
selection of wheels to choos from. Remember that the Technic figures can be of
different height just like "real" people :)

Build in several iterations until you've developed a sturdy, functional and
good looking car.

But I can give a hint; it is a racing car made in Norway  :)

It's not that little electric SMART that's made outside Oslo I hope :)

Best,
/Tobbe - Sweden
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)