 Model Team / 681
Re: Making a model of an real life car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, David Arnon writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
Here you can see the car already made in Lego:
http://www.bjergkobingspillet.dk/il_tempo_lego.JPG

That's beautiful!
Where did you get all those gold pieces?

He did not, look here:
http://www.bjergkobingspillet.dk/lego.htm

Quick and _dirty_ translation (I don't speak Norwegian):

"Il Tempo Gigante built in LEGO

The professional LEGO builder Jesper Nielsen has made a prototype of Il Tempo
Gigante in bricks

Since he was a boy, Jesper Nielsen has been interested in Bejrkobing Grand Prix
and LEGO. A couple of years ago he became a freelance LEGO builder and his
first models will appear in shops in 2002.

When Jesper Nielsen saw the real Il Tempo Gigante at BILER FOR ALLE (Cars for
all) in Herning, he got the idea for the ultimate LEGO model.

- Il Tempo Gigante is like made for building in LEGO Technis. I have tried to
recreate all of the supercars "fabelagtige" (?) functions in my LEGO model. For
example it is possible to change gear (including reverse) and the radar moves
(?) when the car drives, says Jesper Nielsen, "der" (he?) has presented the car
both for LEGO and Remo Caprino.

Both are very interested in the prototype, it took over 60 hours to build."

Hmmm, that came out better then I expected :)

Best,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)