 Technic / 8459
8458  |  8460
Subject:
Truck project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:04:13 GMT

Ok, now it is starting to look like something...

Somebody would probably disagree that this is a truck since it is not
constructed like most trucks are made. This is a free fantasy creation of a
truck like I want to make it :)
(so there, now you can write all the comments you want about there are no
suchs trucks)

It going to have 6 wheel drive or maybe 8 wheel, I'll deside that later, but
it whould for sure have all wheel drive and independet suspension on all
wheels. It whould hav a crane and maybe a tipper.
I will try to build in electrical motors, some hydraullic pistons and an RCX
unit to controll the beast.
Maybe one RCX is going to not enough. But I've only got one at the time...

Until the page is moderated here are a picture of the crane I've built so
far;
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Truck-Project/crane.jpg
This is the first atempt, maybe more will follow. But I am pretty happy with
the design. After the page has been moderated you can see some photos of the
real thing. And get the Ldraw file if you like.
It can fold up real compact like this;
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Truck-Project/crane_photo5.jpg

The parts I built so far can be seen here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Truck-Project/sections_photo1.jpg

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix