 Storage / 147
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:03:24 GMT

Perhaps a Princess... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote
would work for me (over 3m/10ft). I've used the bed solution instead -
I have boxes that are 1.2x0.4x0.6m (they use exactly one sheet of MDF),

What is a MDF? Is this a bedstand you made yourself?

Medium density fibreboard - it's processed timber, sort of like sausages
are processed meat (lets not argue the details). It's cheap and easy to
work (has no grain). And it looks nice once it's varnished.

In the past I have had a wardrobe and chest of drawers that were
suspended. The thing that frightened the horses was that one CoD dropped
in front of the doorway (which is why it had to lift... The main thing to

What is a CoD?

chest of drawers

I've been considering doing this with my queen bed, but my ceiling is
only 8' :( How much clearance is needed over the bed? Can the
boxsprings be jettisoned if you have a board underneath the mattresS?

I find that if you want to sit up in bed then about 3' is good. But I
have seen beds with about 18" clearance, which is just enough for
sleeping. Going without a bed base can  be a bit hard - try
putting the mattress on the floor and sleeping on that for a while. If it
works for you it'll save you a few more inches.

Moz