 Storage / 94
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 02:37:24 GMT

I bought a solid wood kitchen table from SAM's.  It is about 3'x5'.  I really like it
because it gives me a lot of room to work on.  I can also store a lot of stuff
underneath.  I then got a small put-it-together-yourself desk from Target, bought
some wood from Home Depot and created a side bench with shelves.  It's not my best
solution, but it's a start and it didn't cost that much.

My ideal would be a bunch of modular tables in a specially designed room.  The room
would have a big swing type mechanism that you could lay face down in.  It would be
suspended by a strong support grid like an etch-a-sketch that would let you move over
any part of the room.
This way I could work on multiple projects and have easier access to more parts bins.

Adam

Duane Hess wrote:

I will be moving within the next couple of months and would like to dedicate all
or part of a room strictly to my LEGOs.  I am currently using an old antique desk
for building models and holding my storage bins.  I can just see my mom
cringe everytime she sees it.

Could anyone suggest another desk that I might use which is more suited to
use with LEGOs?  I tried a computer desk once, but it began to bow under the
weight of the pieces and bins.  I have also thought about the large (3' X 6')
folding tables.

Any suggestions?

BTW - I have about 25,000 pieces that I would like to store on/under/near my
workspace.