 Storage / 114
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:44:50 GMT

Thomas Main writes:

I'd like to share Ed's grumbling :)  I also live in an apartment and my
Lego space is relegated to some shelves behind a door and a little
closet space.  I think I've made the most of this space, though.  I have
9 20" x 30"  felt covered boards sitting on brackets in this niche
behind the door.  I have had to implement certain zoning ordinances in
my town - restricting building to a certain height and modifying the
height of some sets - to fit all 9 in this space vertically.  It is a
pain to get all the boards laid out - but I think it's a good solution
for limited space.

Very creative use of space!  I espesially like the building hieght
restrictions.  I actually gave up regular 'O' sacle trains because the
premenent track required so much space.  Now we set up the LEGO train on thin
masonite boards that are cut into 3 by 4 foot sections. (cheap, too)  This size
is light weight, easy to handle and can be arranged in various layouts.  The
boards also slide under the bed easily if biulding on the floor.
Make it a good day.
Gaye Louise