 Storage / 142
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 03:51:27 GMT

sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess...) wrote:

I've been considering doing this with my queen bed, but my ceiling is
only 8' :( How much clearance is needed over the bed? Can the
boxsprings be jettisoned if you have a board underneath the mattresS?

My bed had about 4' above the platform.  I had a futon mattress, no boxspring,
so that means there was somewhere between 3' and 4' over the mattress to the
ceiling.  That was plenty of space.  I got tired of climbing down and reaching
for the phone just as it stopped ringing, so I put a phone up there too.  But I
didn't have a ladder up until I broke my leg (1), and I couldn't handle climbing
up from a stool any more.

Cindy

(1) It was also a 6th floor walk up.  I didn't get around much for a couple of
weeks.