 Storage / 143
Re: Bucket surgery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 04:10:33 GMT

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:26:09 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

Once upon a time, "Tom McDonald" <rocketman@familySPAMTHISradio.com>
wrote:

... I guess the only downside, no biggie, is that the handle won't
reattach.

Could you cut off the end-sections from the bar, and use those to
reattach the handle?

Seems like too much work for me.  I'd just leave the handles off.  But
it should work.

Actually, yes you can.  Larry Pieniazek brought this up.  He mentioned that
the hardest part was getting the handles off without breaking them.  I tried
his method and it worked great.  Then I found if you have a good serrated
knife (and don't mind using it on plastic), you can cut the cross bar out
without removing it from the bucket. I now have tons of buckets, with handles,
without crossbars.  They are GREAT for sorting.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |