 Storage / 138
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:23:03 GMT

Once upon a time, sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess...) wrote:

Uh. Sleep? What else do you do on a mattress? I guess SOME people
might build Legos there... I need a hard surface yet. And I'm not
married. (I wouldn't be thinking about building a loft bed if I did. I
don't relish the idea of climbing DOWN when the baby's screaming wakes
me in the middle of the night and I'm panicking to see what is wrong.
Or even to climbing anywere while pregnant.)

I've had lofts with stairs.  Well, somewhere between stair-steps and a
ladder.  It's a matter of selective compression.

Lofts are useful in another way--in college, I put my alarm clock on
the 'main floor'.  That way, I'd have to get up to turn it off, and
generally, I'd be too sleepy to climb back into the loft, so I'd have
to start my day.  That worked, until I realized I could turn off the
alarm, then just collapse on the couch...

Steve