 Storage / 121
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 05:11:22 GMT

TooMuchDew <wtoenjes@PioneerPlanet.infi.net> wrote
mild mannered Thomas Main wrote:
or working out some sort of  ceiling that lowers to reveal my layout
(subject to more mechanical skills than I currently possess; also would
have to meet my wife's approval).

Is it just me or does this solution sound a little TOO much like
something out of a superhero comic book? Bruce Wayne's alter ego has a
full crime lab hidden in the trunk of his car—Thomas has a LEGO workshop
hidden in his ceiling. I'll leave you to your LEGOcave, please excuse me
whilst I retire to the Fortress of LEGOtude...

It's a known solution. I've tried to get Sanjay to let me build him one,
but he wimped out. I get out of it by having lots of space in my room
dedicated to Lego. But my ceiling is high enough that if I need to this
would work for me (over 3m/10ft). I've used the bed solution instead -
I have boxes that are 1.2x0.4x0.6m (they use exactly one sheet of MDF),
and my bed sits on three of them (it's easily a metre off the ground)
so I have quite a lot of storage space. Which is good, because I have a
lot of stored stuff.

Anyway, my Lego can go into one of those boxes if I pack it up, and it's
pretty travel-safe that way (heavy, however - about 50kg)

In the past I have had a wardrobe and chest of drawers that were
suspended. The thing that frightened the horses was that one CoD dropped
in front of the doorway (which is why it had to lift... The main thing to
watch is floor pressures - if you put all that weight onto four posts
best make sure that the posts have something solid under them.
Embarrasing if one pushes thru the floorboards and pours all your Lego
onto your bed.

Moz