 Storage / 136
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:19:36 GMT

Once upon a time, sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess...) wrote:

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 08:05:29 GMT, csalwen@northeast.net (Cindy Salwen)
wrote:

I've been considering doing this with my queen bed, but my ceiling is
only 8' :( How much clearance is needed over the bed? Can the
boxsprings be jettisoned if you have a board underneath the mattresS?

The answer to both questions is: depends on your preferences.

I had a loft with only enough room to roll over (and sometimes I hit
my elbow on the ceiling in mid-roll).

If you've got a plywood board on the frame(1), boxspring is not
required for proper operation of the mattress.

Steve

(1) having a platform-floor-board is generally recommended for
lofts--it'd be a real pain to drop something between the frame and the
mattress, and have it fall to the floor.