 Storage / 111
Re: Workspace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:49:18 GMT

Ed \"Boxer\" Jones wrote:

No offense to anyone in particular, but you people with garages, attics,
basements, rec rooms and room for homemade tables and 8x10 set-ups make me
ill.  I have to build anything/everything on a 3x5 table and ususally have
to deconstruct well before I'm ready so that the table can get used!!!!!!

Ah the price of living in an NYC apartment.

I'd like to share Ed's grumbling :)  I also live in an apartment and my
Lego space is relegated to some shelves behind a door and a little
closet space.  I think I've made the most of this space, though.  I have
9 20" x 30"  felt covered boards sitting on brackets in this niche
behind the door.  I have had to implement certain zoning ordinances in
my town - restricting building to a certain height and modifying the
height of some sets - to fit all 9 in this space vertically.  It is a
pain to get all the boards laid out - but I think it's a good solution
for limited space.

I have also thought about other storage methods - renting a garage at
someone's house (which people used to do, but I haven't seen it in a
while), buying a storage building (this is very expensive), or working
out some sort of  ceiling that lowers to reveal my layout (subject to
more mechanical skills than I currently possess; also would have to meet
my wife's approval).  What have other people done/thought of to use
their Lego collections in small spaces?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu