 Storage / 148
Re: Clear plastic "tackle boxes"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 05:08:12 GMT

Is this one of those solutions looking for a problem?

If the compartments are clear, you can see the pieces through the box.  Why
would you need to label each one.

Of course this assumes you don't use all of the pieces in more than one
compartment (in which case you may not remember in which compartment to re-sort
those elements).  This is unusual, at least in my experience.  Though my kids
often build from elements from just a couple of boxes (great models made
entirely of 1X2 plates for example).

Dave Jost writes:
Any one try printing Ldraw parts on sticker paper and then label each
compartment????????
Just an idea.

Dave

Barry McFarland wrote in message ...
Ralph Hempel writes:
Barry McFarland wrote in message ...
Does anyone else use these flat, clear plastic, fishing tackle boxes for
storing lego.  I have about twenty of them now.

Are these the PLANO boxes? If so, I heartily endorse them! They almost • seem
designed for LEGO elements, especially Technic!

Yes, Plano are the ones I use as well, thought there are others.

Hmmmm, what about some custom stickers that say LEGO inside, sorta like • Intel
inside?

I am currently in the process of developing stickers for each end and front
that describe the contents of each.  Had not thought about including the • Logo.
. .

Barry