 Star Wars / 8544
Re: who's feelin the black pack?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 20:15:03 GMT

Blah blah blah.

I'm an Asian-American--which means I'm "yellow."  So his whole time, Lego
minifigs have been Asian-American.  Right?

Give me a break.  Unlike flesh, the ABS plastic used to make Lego is
specifically-colored--NOT gradients of other colors (secondary colors
notwithstanding).  Yellow, black, white, pink, whatever.  No *real* person
is "yellow," "black," "white," "red," or "brown."  Yellow was probably a
relatively arbitrary choice for minifig "skin color."  It could have just as
easily been black, white, pink.

ABS is NOT FLESH.  Lego minifigs are NOT REAL PEOPLE.  They live in LEGOLAND.
Any person trying to say that minifigs represent any particular group is
probably delving a little too much into the meaning of an imaginary world in
the hopes of playing the race card.

By the way, I'm not "yellow"--and I'm certainly not a minifig.

onedaycnn (sid)
http://onedaycnn.freeservers.com