 Star Wars / 8510
Re: who's feelin the black pack?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Rowoldt writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Karim Nassar writes: • Take a look at the copy of the 1997
IHTICWI catalog... They are listed on facing pages, with no mention of the
cowboys on the indians page and no mention of the indians on the cowboys • page.

--Karim

Ehhhhh... I still think it was risky, on TLG's part.  They MIGHT have been
promoting just a western theme . . . I guess maybe I was reading too much into
it.  Are the "indians" all scowling?  Do they look mean?  I acutually do not
own any.

Neither do I, but here is an excerpt from the above copy:

"Gallop over the plains free as the wind, build your tepee and canoe down a
swift river like the Native Americans...

...Food and water are plentiful-- but so are slithering snakes!... Cook dinner
on the fire and then settle in your tepee for the night-- but make sure someone
keeps watch through the long, dark night!...

... It's time to... wish each other luck in the hunt... After a successful
hunt, ... swap stories of curageous deeds...."

All sorts of stuff like that. I've omitted mainly references to set names and
such.  As far as I can tell from the catalog pics they are all smiling, if
somewhat sternly.

--Karim