 Star Wars / 8474
Re: who's feelin the black pack?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 06:46:00 GMT

     O.k., O.k., I agree, poor chice of politicians to name on my part.  But
why is it so hard to convince the lugnet community of the politicization of
toys?  If lego toys are as some say, no more than toys, somebody needs to
clarify for me why they continue to be so important in my adult life.  I guess
I'm overcomplicating their value by considering them to have a fair amount of
philosophical importance.  Y'know, the way I meditate on brick combinations,
or see the constructive nature of the toy as representative of the
constructive efforts of the life force.  The bricks fit together in ways that
I imagine are like those of atoms and molecules or pixels or quanta, combining
in new ways constantly to make up the diversity that is life.
     Personal philosophies tend to lay the foundations for political
convictions, and this is no different.  Maybe lego should have stuck with the
tradition of only making yellow headpieces for their minifigs, but they broke
from that tradtion and now the failure of TLG to manufacture brown or tan
color headpieces undermines the political nature of such an organically
functioning toy.  Maybe TLG should go the way of the Doug cartoon and include
myriad colors in their cannon of headpieces. Have blue, orange, purple and
green alongside the brown and tan should they ever decide to produce them.
The creator saw fit to move beyond it's first colors of human complexion and
generate an array of shades.  Why should lego ignore this example?

Support the Panaka/Windu/Calrissian minifig 3 pack movement and email lego
today!