 Star Wars / 10156
  What's Left? (Classic)

I was just thinking about the SW sets we've seen so far from the Classic Trilogy, and I was realising that TLC is almost out of major vehicles! Forget speculation about what they *might* do next, what's left to do? *TIE Interceptor *TIE Bomber I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) <some snippage> (...) I think they could do it. It wouldn't be to scale, but I think it could at least have a cockpit area and a place below for some droids. They could use the tread thingys from the Arctic sets. (...) Could be. (...) Hmmm... (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

----- Original Message ----- From: Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> Newsgroups: lugnet.starwars Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 1:28 PM Subject: What's Left? (Classic) (...) Forget (...) Never know, maybe an twin Imperial pack? (...) They could (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) <snips all along> (...) I imagine we'll at least see a play set... the Jawas are highly recognizable. (...) Actually it did appear (very briefly) in the first film. It never appeared in flight, but it was in there. (...) We can hope for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

Personally, I don't think they'll do the TIE interceptor, but I think they should do a TIE bomber. That would be sweet. Sandcrawler? I don't think so. AT-AT...I hope so, I really hope so. And I hope they make it HUGE. Not like the wimpy AT-ST they (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes: trimming . . . (...) Big? I can only hope. I have a bad feeling this would be seriously juniorized. Probably just a tad bigger than the droid transport so you can hold a couple driods and jawas. They'll (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) They did do that in Mindstorms. They could certainly exclude the expensive computer technology and make it LEGO System snowspeeder scale at the same price. (...) Am I the only one who wants TLC to make a big TECHNIC Dewback? We are getting a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I dunno...most of *my* most anticipated sets came out in the first batch, and I don't think they dropped the ball there. I thought the X-wing was very good, and the Snowspeeder was nothing short of excellent. (...) I'd certainly go for it. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I don't know if this means anything, but some of the initial release sets are being marked 'D' on the Wal-Mart shelves. I think this means they're discontinued, as several other sets that I know are on the way out are also marked with a 'D'. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) IIRC, the vehicle in the garage was the Lars family speeder. I believe that the only time the skyhopper appeared was as the model that Luke wooshed around in the garage just before C3-P0 told him that he and R-2 had been been through a lot, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) While you are correct about the Lars landspeeder, the rear engine of the T-16 is visible through the doorway in the background past where 3p0 gets his oil bath. Pretty obscure, but there it is. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I'm in total agreement, I love the first batch stuff. Those sets are what brought me out of my "dark ages". Lego definitely did a great job with them. But as I look at some of the more recent sets such as the AT-ST, driod escape, Falcon etc. I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I too was thinking of this the other day. There really isn't much left to do besides playset type sets for the Classic Trilogy. Since the license runs til 2007 I was thinking TLC will start concentrating on EpI, EpII, and finally EpIII (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I feel the only way to extend the SW line to 2007 is to make these two sets available. No way around it. They will make them to keep the Tie Pilot Helmet mold profitable. (...) We've seen it back when they showed the prototype of the UCS (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) As soon as I saw this, I remember that "primitive" on a .jpg from Mania Magazine--someone posted it here, don't have the cite atm--but it was rather nifty, and possibly do-able as a $100-class set (or shrinkable to the $50-70 range). And I can (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I suppose, just to sate my own ego, I should point out that I actually do *know* that the T-16 is visible in the movie, and that Luke plays with the model. In fact, I could probably even point out that the model Luke plays with was originally (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Ah...I don't know about that. The TIE pilot mold is the same as the Stormtroopers. I'm sure the'll have plenty of places to put them in. I still think we'll get these two TIES, though...it seems obvious what TLC is doing. If they have the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) It could very well be that Walmart is just not carrying them anyone, either not until next fall or perhaps never again. This tends to be somewhat common as many retailers change what they carry for each season. Mike (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I realise that this is a film based list, but it is certainly possible that TLC will pursue the Expanded Universe of Star Wars if it continues to be profitable (it MAY have been there in the film stuff, like that droid transport thing-where (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Not to beat a dead Bantha, but it was seen flying in the movie. The recent theater re-releases had T-16s flying above Mos Eisly (sp?) in addition to other craft (Dash Rendar's Outrider was briefly seen shooting across the sky as well.). Sure (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

<snip> (...) that (...) series, (...) time (...) that (...) I wouldn't be surprised if they did sets from Shadows Of The Empire, because almost everyone played the game, read the book, or the comics, its practically a movie! Jedi Knight sets would (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Forget (...) remotely (...) I think we must consider that in 2002 EP II will be released and TLC will probably focus on that first and foremost. Personally, I think the AT-AT is the most recognizable vehicle but it's just too big to be (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) That's a good point. A REALLY good point. I don't remember seeing the Battle Droid Transport in Ep I...at all. Ever. Where was it? I figured the MTTs were about it. best Lindsay (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) The Carrier can be seen when the battle droid commander on naboo talks to the nemoidians (sp?) through the holographic communication device. The carrier can be seen for about 2 seconds so keep your hand on that "pause" button. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Good Lord is that obscure! At that rate, I expect to see a Gian Speeder, a Coruscant Taxi, and myriad other barely-seen items... best LFB (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

It can also be seen when the Trade Federation Army is advancing across the plains of Naboo towards the capital of Theed. (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Gian Speeder? Coruscant Taxi? (URL) there, done that.... LOL Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) The "concept" for Shadows of the Empire was that it would be equivalent to the other three movies in every way, *except* that there would be no movie. Hence, you have a novel, comics, toys, even a soundtrack album. (...) Well, like anything (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) <snip> (...) IIRC it can be seen at the very end of ROTJ Special Edition. They cut away from the Ewok village celebration scene to show celebrations on other planets, and on Tatooine there is a T-16 that flys over Mos Eisley. Ken (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) <lottsa snippage> (...) Is this the same thing as the Imperial Landing Craft that is seen for about 3 seconds during the Stormtrooper/Dewback desert patrol scene in New Hope? It would make a great vehicle for including lots of stormtroopers (1 (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I pose my first question here: What is Shadows of the Empire? Never heard of it. So I guess I don't count as "almost everyone." I consider myself a casual Star Wars fan and I know a good bit about the series. But I think that TLC would not go (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) offically licensed novel published by Bantam Books, therfore is considered canon material by Lucasfilm/Lucasarts. It is definately one of the better expansion books. The major character is an Imperial sympathizer/crimelord and "freind" of the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

Plus, the game was one of the better N64 games out there! (Its available for the PC too) ---...--- cg-88@home.com ---...--- IG-88 was nothing! CG-88 is all-powerful!!! Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

<MUCH SNIPPAGE> (...) Yea, But i'd expect a TIE-I is much more likely over a TIE-B. The cockpit "ball" (i use the term loosely) wouldn't function with the TIE-B, because it has the elongated double hull. Also, in response all the T-16 comments. i (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) Heightwise, replacing a minifig's legs with a 1x2 brick results in something that could be an Ewok or Jawa (yah, I realize Jawas are actually smaller than Ewoks). Using a couple of 1x2 plates in place of the 1x2 brick gives something that (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message news:ehv93tsbs5ihd10...4ax.com... (...) I know some Star Wars fans cringe when they see / hear an Ewok mentioned but I was slightly disappointed when I saw the 2k1 catalog and the AT-ST only (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) no. Timmy from Time Cruisers was a normal minifig. All minifigs are the same size. (although you can make a short minifig by using a 1x2 brick (or plates) instead of legs. (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) <snip> (...) remotely (...) I have to agree with one of the other posts. Your idea that the large SW ships are too big for Lego to bother could be wrong. Someone had a really good idea about the Tantive IV being made into a set. Ok. Well, I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) A few thoughts on the historic quality of the SW line: IMHO, the first round of '99 sets were really fantastic. The May '99 Ep1 sets were darn good (well, the pods were pretty good anyway. I guess I'm just an old-school Classics fan.) The (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) I actually wonder if there are different designers working on these SW sets. As for my guess on where the designers of the older SW sets went? Life on Mars, arguably the best LEGO theme for 2001... (...) I dunno, the podracer sets tend to have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

"Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:3A382DE3.8EC4D5...one.net... (...) sets. As (...) Mars, (...) I highly agree on this. I am very impressed with the three sets I"ve picked up already. It's just amazing. I love the idea for (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) As nice as it would be to see Yoda, Jawa, and Ewoks that are smaller than the rest of the minifigs, Lego,sadly, isn't going to do it. Anybody who has one of the new Watto minifigs will realize that. They used the same body piece that they used (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) If it's between getting a Yoda minifig that's as big as the rest and getting a single piece Yoda (like Sebulba) I'll take the Yoda minifig... But I for one hope that Lego realizes how important it is for Yoda, the Jawas, and the Ewoks to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What's Left? (Classic)

(...) There's a good way to make a Yoda with a standard torso, and other standard LEGO pieces, but it requires having them in colors that I don't own. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm glad they haven't released Yoda yet, and hope they make (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)