 Space / 36665
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:17:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Eric Sophie wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Tom McDonald wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Eric Sophie wrote:
snip Eric,

I thought you quit Scibrick ??

-Tom McD. http://www.spamcake.com

Unfortunately, I did. In my over zealous attempt to do something nice for the org, I posted a .txt file that has been sitting in my computer.

Later I realized I had already posted the same message a year ago.

In the process I offended Lenny, and I apologoze for that.

Any true apology would be coupled with an effort to correct what you did wrong. I have asked you privately to cancel that post, and now I ask you publically.

Situations like this continue to hurt the prestige and appearance of SciBrick by airing our dirty laundry to the whole of Lugnet. If you wanted to speak with the group, we have internal means of communications. Acting as if you are a spokesperson for the group, when in fact you quit, makes our organization look sophmoric and disorganized.

And right now, it is, because “rouge scibrickers” like you continue to sabotage efforts of mine and other committed member, to rejuvinate SciBrick, and create an organization that actually lives up to its mission and vision.

   I felt the core reasons and goals for the group orginally stated were still valid. Again, I honestly forgot I made the same post a year ago.

There is an easy solution to this - cancel your post.

   In a selfish way, I didn’t feel I needed anyones’s permission to explain the orginal idea. My idea. The burden of the questions I have been getting from people was just too much to bear. I didn’t have the heart to say what my current status was. I want to help maintain the integrity of the org.

You’re right.. it was selfish. Selfish because you undermined the authority of a Communications Officer that you voted for. Selfish because you quit the organization, and now seek to dominate it from the outside.

If you have been getting question, why not forward them to someone who’s actually a member? Why make a recruitment ad for Lugnet? This makes no sense to me at all!

You want to help “maintain the integrity of the org”? What? By snubbing your nose at its membership, ignoring its leadership, and creating a giant public scene? How exactly would you call this maintaining integrity?

The best thing you can do is to respect your own decisison and stop pestering with SciBrick.

   I felt it was a way to give that message to the people who were asking me, once and for all. For those people who may not have heard the true nature of the group or worse, if the message had got lost.

I ask again.. what questions were being asked that you felt your post would answer? Who are the people who have been asking? And again, why did you feel that a recruitement ad would answer these questions? I have a hard time thinking of any question about SciBrick that is better answered by posting a recruitment ad than by refering it to an existing member of SciBrick.

I was wrong for poking my nose around from where I had previously turned away from.

And the right thing to do is to back that nose right out, and cancel your post. Infact, I think this whole thread should be cancelled.. including the post I’m writing right now. You cancel your post, and I’ll see to it the rest of the thread is cancelled too. Then we can all put this behind ourselves and try to be friends again.

-Lenny