 Organizations / SciBrick / 254
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:55:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

One last thing and then I'm done for the next few days.. I need a break from
Lugnet and all.. again, if anyone wants to contact me privately about this, you
can email me.  Please feel free - but I'm beginning to lose my composure and so
I'm gonna take a few days off.

Further more this sheds some light on what happened. I don't want to exaspirate
the situation by pointing fingers and whinning about all the BS that went on.
Fact is I never supported the notion of a Comms officer. The collective will of
the group could be funneled through a spokesman, but having a King of SciBrick
who makes and breaks rules and goals is totalitarian.

Com Officer is a spokesman - but he is also responsible for the welfare of the
group.  I have tried, as Com Officer for SciBrick, to accurately respresent my
group and act on its behalf and for its benefit.

I do not "make or break rules and goals" - I consider myself to help be a
driving force for what the members of SciBrick want.  Expanding the goals of
SciBrick, making it not an elitist group that only accepts people with large
MOCs or who aggressively display their MOCs - that is, making SciBrick into a
group that serves the entire SciFi genre.  That is what I have hoped to do.. and
this is what Eric dislikes (or so it seems)

-Lenny